What is Healthy Nutrition?
The quality of food consumed by the individual per day plays an important and essential role in determining the level of physical, mental and psychological health, so it is very important that the individual is aware of the elements available in his daily meals and whether they contain the quantities appropriate to him or not, Specific proportions of different nutrients such as vitamins, proteins, fats, etc. to perform healthy functions in a correct and healthy manner. Healthy nutrition or healthy food is the food that contains the various nutrients and in the appropriate quantities needed by the human body. The food eaten by the human being is healthy when it contains various nutrients such as: carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, sugars, fibers, etc. These elements are available in quantities appropriate to the needs of the body.
Healthy nutrition is the nutrition that does not cause any health problems for the individual. On the contrary, healthy nutrition is the nutrition that can protect the body and protect it from many diseases that may affect it and keep it healthy and healing, and sometimes help in the treatment of some chronic diseases, The body with all its needs of nutrients to lead each member of his vital functions in a proper manner.
Every person needs different types and quantities of nutrients, depending on the needs of his body, his daily activities and his health status. The individual needs vary according to his sex, age, and if he has a specific disease, as well as daily activities. Sports, the athlete needs more calories than the average person because his physical activity is greater, and also needs a high protein to build muscle, and the diabetic needs carbohydrates and sugars in moderate or low quantities to maintain the level of blood glucose.
Benefits of Healthy Nutrition:
- Provides the body with the energy necessary to complete the vital processes of the body and daily activities of the individual, and increase the level of concentration and improve mood and increase the effectiveness of all brain activities.
- Maintains the health and integrity of the digestive system, because it contains a sufficient amount of fiber that facilitate digestion, in addition to its contribution to the maintenance of beneficial bacteria in the stomach.
- Helps maintain healthy weight for the individual, and also helps in weight loss and the elimination of fat accumulated in people who are overweight and obese, in addition to their contribution to weight gain for people who are underweight and thinness excess.
- Helps prevent many diseases, such as: cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and other diseases.
- Reduce the risk of certain types of cancer such as colorectal cancer and stomach cancer.
- Enhance hair and skin health, look healthy and vibrant, help keep skin healthy and fresh, and delay signs of aging.
- Improved sleep, healthy nutrition contributes to the maintenance of sleep times, and helps sleep better and reduce insomnia, and thus reduce the feeling of fatigue and exhaustion.
In order to be healthy nutrition must maintain the necessary nutrients for the body, including:
Nutritional Elements Regulating Body Functions:
Vitamins are one of the most important nutrients that make the body energy to do vital functions, and helps in building the body, which is divided into two types: The first type are fat-soluble vitamins such as (A, D, E, K), and the second type are vitamins that dissolve in water (B, C).
The Nutrients That Generate The Body Energy:
Many of the elements of energy work to generate energy to help the body to the activity and vitality, and these elements are found carbohydrates that cover a large proportion of the total intake per person per day, each adds one gram of carbohydrate equivalent to 4 calories.
Vitamin-rich ingredients useful in proper nutrition: meat, fish, dairy products, vegetables and fruits.
One of the first foods that gives the body a balanced system and helps in the process of healthy nutrition, Protein in form of two types: including animal protein, namely meat, fish, poultry and dairy.
The second type of protein is vegetable protein, which includes: legumes, wheat, barley and soybeans.
Salts and Minerals:
Salts and minerals are an important and useful component of the proper nutrition program. They include the components of soy salts and mineral salts, including meat, fish, dairy products, eggs and legumes.
There is no doubt that healthy nutrition varies from person to person due to its correlation with several factors. Variables in all stages and age groups require a certain difference from the other person. The program differs in pregnant and non-pregnant women. Therefore, the physiological condition determines the correct feeding curve in addition to the age factor Ingredients and quantities of food and meals.