Whai is Dental Care?
Dental care and Oral care is The secret to a beautiful smile due to the beauty of the teeth, and the preservation of health and safety, so it needs constant attention to look clean and sound, and the type of food that is an important cause of the accumulation of bacteria, teeth need care to stay Strong and solid and prevent them from many problems such as color change or decay, and we will talk in this article on ways to care for mouth and teeth.
Types of Teeth:
They are eight teeth located at the front of the mouth, four in each quadrant, cut the food into small pieces for easy digestion.
Canines: They are four, each in its quadrant, they torn the food and cut it.
Premolars: They are eight molars, four in each jaw, grind and chew food before being transported through the esophagus to the rest of the digestive tract.
Molars: they are twelve, each six molars per jaw, larger than the front premolars, grind and chew food.
Oral and Dental Hygiene:
The most important methods of oral and dental care:
- Clean your teeth after meals, or at least twice a day, once after lunch and once before bedtime, preferably using toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Clean the teeth properly so that the gums do not get inflamed, until the food residue is removed from the teeth. Use a disinfectant solution for the mouth and rinse it twice a day, especially before sleep, as it protects the teeth from necrosis and protects the gums from inflammation.
- Use the dental floss to clean places that are hard to brush to reach to get rid of leftover food.
- Eating healthy foods and balanced food, and reducing the intake of carbohydrates and sweets between the main meals.
- Visit the dentist periodically to check the safety of mouth and teeth every six months, to treat the problem of tooth decay before the aggravation and spread to the rest of the teeth.
- Reduce the intake of citrus that causes erosion of the tooth enamel layer, preferably by drinking through a pipette.
- Reduce the intake of soft drinks and caffeinated drinks. These drinks cause discoloration of the teeth, yellowish brownish color, and difficult to get rid of.
- Eat milk and eggs on a daily basis because they contain high calcium content that enhances the safety of the teeth and makes them resistant to decay.
- Eat fruits, especially strawberries, because they give the teeth a whiter color, and advised to eat apples, carrots and hard vegetables, which in turn stimulate the secretion of saliva in the mouth.
- Replace the toothbrush each month; sterilize it by placing it in oxygen water to prevent the bacteria from multiplying and killing it. Refrain from smoking cigarettes.
Tipes To Clean Your Teeth:
Baking soda Contributes:
baking soda to clean the surface stains of the teeth, prevent bacterial growth in the mouth, and naturally whiten teeth, by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water homogenously, applying the mixture to the toothbrush, and then brushing the teeth.
Coconut oil is natural oil that is beneficial for oral and dental health. It contains properties that prevent gum inflammation and make plaque on the teeth, and on lauric acid, which destroys bacteria in the mouth. It is used by placing a tablespoon of coconut oil in the mouth and rinsing it for about a quarter of an hour, then spit the oil in the toilet.
Correct Steps To Clean Your Teeth:
To clean your teeth properly and correctly, follow these steps:
- Install the toothbrush on the gum line and make sure it touches the gums and tooth surface.
- Move the toothbrush quietly down and up, and move it circularly on the surface of the teeth from the inside and outside, and repeat the same steps on the rest of the internal teeth in the mouth.
- The toothbrush is placed vertically behind the front teeth and then moved with its front half up and down.
- Clean the tongue using a toothbrush, then the mouth is washed with water well.
The Risk of Neglect of Dental Hygiene:
Please note that the subject of dental care is very important and should not be neglected, as medical studies have shown that the accumulation of bacteria in the teeth can be transmitted to the lung with age, causing a serious type of pneumonia, and may lead to death, Therefore, it must be committed to maintain the cleanliness of teeth to avoid diseases caused by neglect.