Liver is an important part of our body. It works in our body from digesting food to making bile. The liver plays an important role in helping the body fight infection, control blood sugar or blood sugar, remove toxins from the body, reduce fat, and make proteins. Eating excessive amounts of alcohol, drinking alcohol and eating inappropriate amounts of fat-rich foods can lead to diseases like fatty liver. You can treat fatty liver at home.
First of all, know that fatty liver disease can occur in people with alcoholism as well as obesity and improper eating habits. Secondly, know that you can also treat fatty liver at home. Home remedies are very useful to treat fatty liver. This can protect the liver to some extent from the damage of fatty liver.
What is Fatty Liver ?
Fat gets stored in excess in liver cells. It is normal to have some amount of fat in the liver, but fatty liver disease occurs when the amount of fat exceeds ten percent of the weight of the liver. In such a situation, the liver becomes unable to function normally and causes many symptoms. After this, treatment of fatty liver is needed.
Usually its symptoms are seen in the late hours, but the accumulation of excess fat in the liver for a long time becomes harmful. It is usually seen at the age of 40-60 years. In Ayurveda, the relation of the liver with pitta has been told, that is, due to the contamination of pitta, the liver suffers from disease and is unable to perform its function well.
Contaminated bile gives rise to diseases like fatty liver. Due to improper diet, toxins start accumulating in the liver, due to which the liver has to work more than normal. Due to which there is inflammation in the liver, which necessitates treatment of fatty liver.
Fatty liver is a serious liver problem that affects liver function. The biggest reason for this problem is eating disorder and excessive consumption of alcohol. By the way, the problem of fatty liver can happen to both drinkers and non-drinkers. Where drinkers of alcohol have the problem of alcoholic fatty liver. At the same time, non-alcoholic fatty liver to non-drinkers. The problem of fatty liver in non-drinkers is due to not taking the right diet. Other reasons include being overweight and type-2 diabetes. When there is a problem of fatty liver, our body gives many signals, which are important to recognize. By identifying, treating and taking precautions at the right time, this problem can be got rid of to a great extent.
Types of Fatty Liver
There are two types of fatty liver:
1) Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease :
Occurs in those who drink excessively. Excess consumption of alcohol is one of the reasons for the accumulation of fat on the liver. Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to inflammation of the liver and damage to the liver.
2) Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease :
Due to high-fat diet and improper lifestyle, the problem of obesity and diabetes starts in the person, which is a major reason for having fatty liver. Fatty liver is more likely to occur in these conditions even if you do not consume alcohol.
Having fatty liver can also lead to other diseases. There are four stages of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
1) Normal fatty liver and steatosis :
In this stage, fat starts accumulating in the liver but there is no swelling of any kind. In this condition, no symptoms are seen and it gets cured only with proper diet.
2) Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis:
In this stage, the fat frozen liver starts to swell. When there is inflammation in the liver, they try to repair the damaged tissue or tissue, the more tissue there is damaged, the faster the liver tries to heal them and thus the inflamed tissue gets wound. She goes. In this stage, when the wound tissue starts developing there, then the stage of fibrosis comes.
This occurs when the liver and its surrounding blood cells or blood vessels begin to form permanently scarred tissue or tissue. In this state, the liver continues to function normally to some extent. If treated at this time, further damage to the liver can be prevented and the damage that has occurred can return to normal. However, over time, they become healthy tissue instead of the wound tissue. Because of this, liver function is affected and cirrhosis can occur.
In this stage the liver stops functioning normally and symptoms like yellowing of the skin and eyes start appearing. At this time, the tissues formed in the liver, which are injured, it becomes difficult to remove them. Most people have normal fatty liver which can be brought back to normal by changing the diet plan, it takes 3-4 years for fibrosis and cirrhosis to develop.
Symptoms of Fatty Liver
Similarly, if you want to treat fatty liver, then the symptoms of fatty liver have to be understood in the early stages. However, this is difficult because very few people are aware of the symptoms of fatty liver, so the disease is diagnose after the physical condition has become very bad. Let’s take a look at some of the common symptoms :
- Upper right abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Feeling weak
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Food is not digested properly due to which acidity occurs
- Abdominal swelling
- There is slight swelling in the legs
- There is always a feeling of tiredness and weakness
Fatty liver in symptoms children, Fatty liver is very rare in children. They do not show any specific symptoms of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, but are found in children who are obese or in whom metabolic disorder is found from birth. Due to excessive consumption of junk food, chocolate, chips and lack of physical activity, this problem is increasing in children nowadays. These symptoms can be found in children :
- To be tired
- Abdominal pain
- Increased levels of liver enzymes in the blood
Causes of Fatty Liver
You have to treat fatty liver, it is important to know the cause of fatty liver. Following are the common causes of fatty liver :
- Excessive drinking
- Consumption of fatty food and spicy food
- High blood fat
- Diabetes or diabetes
- Long-term use of medications such as steroids, aspirin, or tretracillin
- Excessive chlorine in drinking water
- Viral hepatitis
Diagnosis of Fatty Liver
Fatty liver is usually detected during a routine checkup, when the doctor detects an enlarged liver. Ultrasound scans can show fat in the liver when liver blood tests are not normal. There are some newer tests known as “Fibroscan” and “Fibrotest” which are more reliable. It is important to recognize the risk factors for fatty liver and to have annual checkups with your doctor so that the disease can be detect early.
Prevention Tips for Fatty Liver
During the treatment of fatty liver, bring these changes in the diet and lifestyle
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Don’t eat sweet food.
- Eat a diet high in fiber, such as legumes and whole grains.
- Stop using too much salt, trans fat, refined carbohydrates and white sugar.
- Do not consume alcohol or alcohol at all.
- Include garlic in the diet, it prevents the accumulation of fat.
- Drink green tea. According to research, it reduces the fat deposited in the liver and improves the functioning of the liver.
- Avoid the consumption of fried and junk food completely.
- Use more of these vegetables like spinach, broccoli, bitter gourd, gourd, tinda, zucchini, carrot, beet, onion, ginger and eat sprouted grains.
- Rajma, white gram, black lentils should be consume very less and green moong dal and masoor dal should be consume.
- Butter, mayonnaise, chips, cakes, pizza, sweets, sugar should not be use at all.
- Do pranayama regularly and go for a walk in the morning.
- Consumption of raw tomatoes helps in healthy fatty liver.
Home Remedies for Fatty Liver
You can adopt some home remedies to get relief from fatty liver. Which can improve the physical condition by reducing the inflammation of the liver over time.
1) Taking 4 grams powder of dried gooseberry with water thrice a day provides relief in liver diseases in 20-25 days. Amla is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C which improves the functioning of the liver. Consuming Amla removes harmful toxins from the liver. For this, take 3-4 raw amla daily. Using dried gooseberry for the treatment of fatty liver in this way gives quick relief.
2) Take buttermilk in lunch, add asafetida, salt, cumin and black pepper and drink it. Consumption of buttermilk can prove beneficial for fatty liver.
3) Include Vitamin C in your diet. For better results, drink lemon and orange juice on an empty stomach.
4) Green tea contains antioxidants, it helps the liver to function properly and get rid of liver fat. Consumption of green tea can prove beneficial as a remedy to cure fatty liver.
5) Consumption of cow urine is consider like nectar for the treatment of fatty liver, 20-20 ml empty stomach in the morning and evening. Take cow urine mixed with water in quantity.
6) By consuming bitter gourd, you can avoid the problem of fatty liver. The special types of elements found in bitter gourd help in preventing the problem of fatty liver. If you are suffering from fatty liver problem, then increase the intake of bitter gourd vegetables and juices in your diet. The symptoms start reducing within a few days after consuming them.
7) The use of milk thistle can be beneficial for you in the problem of fatty liver because milk thistle has hepato-protective properties, which helps in reducing the symptoms of fatty liver problem.
8) Boil four to five dandelion flowers in a cup of water for one to two minutes. Now filter this water and drink it. Dandelion contains powerful bioactive compounds that can lower cholesterol levels in the body.
9) Eat 200-300 grams ripe jamuns every day on an empty stomach. It is very beneficial in treating fatty liver.
10) Apple cider vinegar is very beneficial in fatty liver. It helps in reducing the fat stored in the liver.
11) Turmeric is use as a spice in almost all households but you will be surprise to know that turmeric is also useful in treating fatty liver. By using turmeric in liver related problems, its hepato-protective property helps in maintaining liver function.
12) If you are trouble by the problem of fatty liver, then you can start taking coconut water. Coconut water has anti-oxidant and hepato-protective activity, which provides relief in the problem of fatty liver.
13) Cut a paper lemon which is well ripe into two pieces. After this, take out the seeds from it and divide the half lemon into four parts without cutting it. Now fill one part of it with finely ground black pepper powder, in the other black salt or rock salt, whichever is available, in the third powder of dry ginger and in the fourth, keep it covered in a plate overnight. One hour before having food in the morning, suck the slice of this lemon after heating it on a slow flame or a pan.
14) Onion has been commonly use as Ayurvedic medicine in many diseases. We can also use it in the treatment of liver fatty liver. All you have to do for this is to keep eating onions twice a day. Doing so will be beneficial.
15) The sour taste of lemon presents an effective solution to many stomach problems. For this, squeeze half a lemon in one hundred grams of water, add salt (do not add sugar) and drink it thrice a day, it cures liver problems.
16) If you have aloe vera plant in your house, then include it in your diet. Aloe vera gel has phytonutrients properties, which detox the body. Keeps liver healthy. It is necessary to flush out the toxins present in the body or else it can start liver problems. Eat aloe vera gel or you can drink it by mixing it in any juice.
17) Eating garlic also keeps the liver healthy. Its properties such as antibacterial, selenium activates the detox enzymes present in the liver. Cleans the liver, removes toxins from the body.
18) Vitamin-A and vitamin-C are found in abundance in curry leaves. These vitamins are beneficial for liver related problems. That is why curry leaves can prove to be very beneficial for people with weak liver. Apart from this, curry leaves have antioxidant, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which help us to get rid of the problem of fatty liver. Along with this, other nutrients present in it help us in relieving all the problems related to fatty liver.
19) Cinnamon is the most effective medicine for fatty liver. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce liver inflammation caused by excessive alcohol. Put two to three sticks of cinnamon in a glass of water and boil the water. Strain the water after two to three minutes and drink it every morning.
20) Flax seed is not only good for digestion but also protects against fatty liver. Flax-seed reduces the damage caused to the liver by reducing the oxidative stress on the cells. You can take flax seed in powder form. You can also eat flax seed powder on water or salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is fatty liver disease dangerous?
Fatty liver is a ‘silent disease’. It may not show any symptoms until the condition progresses to liver cirrhosis and liver failure. It is important to detect the disease at an early stage when its progression can be stop or slow.
How is fatty liver treated?
Currently, there is no medicine to treat fatty liver. Early fatty liver is usually easily revers with dietary changes, weight loss, exercise and control of risk factors such as diabetes. As liver damage becomes more severe, cirrhosis and liver failure can develop and only a liver transplant at this stage can save the patient’s life. Some patients who are obese and also have fatty liver may benefit from weight loss (bariatric) surgery.
Who can suffer from Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease?
NAFLD can affect men, women and children of all ages, but it is more common in people who are overweight. Diet rich in greasy, calories and fructose can also be the cause of fatty liver disease. Obesity is increasing at an alarming rate in the cities of India. More and more people are currently being diagnose with diabetes.
What are the stages of fatty liver disease?
Fatty liver usually progresses through the following stages:
- Simple fatty liver
- Fatty liver with inflammation (known as NASH or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis)
- Fatty liver with scarring of the liver or hardening of the liver (also called liver cirrhosis)
It is estimate that simple fatty liver can affect 5-20 percent of Indians. The good news is that most people with moderately fatty liver do not develop serious liver damage. Nevertheless, some individuals, especially those with multiple risk factors, will progress to liver cirrhosis. Once liver cirrhosis develops, there is a major risk of liver failure, liver cancer and death.
When to Contact a Doctor ?
By now you are aware of the symptoms of fatty liver due to having fatty liver. Therefore, if the symptoms of fatty liver start appearing, then the doctor should be consult without delay. With this, you will be able to get treatment of fatty liver on time and will be able to get healthy again.
(Disclaimer : The information and information given in this article is based on general assumptions. MyHealthopedia does not confirm these. Please consult the relevant expert before applying them.)
Recommended Articles :
- Stomach Pain | Types, Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Eye Flu (Conjunctivitis) | Types, Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies