Hair fall has become a common problem. It is very important to treat it as soon as possible. Nowadays the lifestyle and food habits of the people have become so bad that it directly affects the hair. Apart from this, due to pollution and chemicals of hair products, hair is also affected, which later becomes the cause of hair loss. You guys can try home remedies for hair fall related problem.
What is Hair Fall ?
Hair fall has become a common problem nowadays. Every other person is facing this problem. Many people’s hair falls so prematurely that they have to be treated by getting hair transplant done. When the hair loss starts increasing little by little, then the condition of baldness comes.
Hair fall is also called Alopecia. Hair loss occurs in both men and women, but its effect is seen more in men and this problem reaches baldness. It can occur from the head to the whole body, but usually a woman or a man takes it seriously when the hair on his head starts falling rapidly.
Although hair fall is a normal process after the age of 40, but if at an early age, that is, before 40, hair is falling rapidly, then you need to be alert. If you have thick hair, it is normal to lose 50 to 100 hairs a day as new hairs replace the old ones. But this does not always happen.
Sometimes hair falls out, but new hair does not take its place. For many people, this happens gradually, so they find out late. Many people have rapid hair fall and within a few months the scalp becomes visible. In such a situation, most of the people start all the remedies for hair fall even before knowing the reason.
But do you know that there are two types of hair loss or baldness. This problem in men is called male pattern boldness. In women, Androgenetic Alopecia is called female pattern baldness, in women suffering from this problem, the hair of the entire head is reduced, but the hairline does not recede. Rarely does it cause complete baldness in women.
Symptoms of Hair Fall
It is very easy to catch the problem of hair fall, everyone can identify its symptoms. But breakage of empty hair is not the only symptom of hair loss, apart from this there are many symptoms of hair loss which we have described below :
1) Hair loss all over the body :
Many times many people have the problem of hair loss all over the body. In such a situation, hair loss starts suddenly in the whole body, such a problem is known as Alopecia totanis. Some medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can also cause hair loss all over the body. The hair usually grows back later.
2) Gradual tapering at the top of the head :
This is the most common type of hair loss, this problem of hair loss affects people with increasing age. Men often experience hair loss at the hairline on the forehead. Generally women’s hair part is wide. A common pattern of hair loss in older women is a receding hairline (frontal fibrosing alopecia). It resembles a “Christmas tree” a lot.
3) Hair loss in patches :
Often many people have the problem of hair loss in a circle. In this, people feel coin-sized patches of baldness on their scalp. Apart from the hair of the head, this hair loss can also be seen around the eyebrows, eyebrows, beard, chest, hand wings and genitals. In some cases, the affected skin may become clammy or painful before hair loss. Apart from this, there is also the problem of redness, swelling and pus leakage.
4) Hair falling out in bunches at the slightest touch :
It is seen quite often that some people have to face the problem of hair fall all at once. In such a situation, hair breaks in bunches, due to which baldness occurs rapidly, but this problem also gets cure soon. This problem related to hair occurs when a person is suffering from some serious and long-term physical problem, then during that time this problem related to hair can appear, basically there is a sudden weakness behind it.
Causes of Hair Fall
It is necessary to find out about the causes of hair fall before taking hair loss medicine or home remedies. When you know the cause of hair fall, then you will be able to take the right measures to prevent hair fall.
The common reasons for hair fall are unbalance diet plan, wrong lifestyle, heredity, side effects of medicines, etc. Let us know about more such reasons :
- Hair loss is a normal process after two or three months of prolonged illness or a major operation or surgery, severe infection or infection and physical stress.
- It can also happen after sudden changes in hormone levels, especially in women after giving birth.
- Due to side effects of medicines.
- Hair loss can also occur as a symptom of a disease such as thyroid, sex hormone imbalance or serious nutritional problem especially protein, zinc, biotin deficiency. This deficiency occurs when there is a lot of bleeding in menstruation in women who abstain from food and drink.
- If there is infection of fungus in the skin of the head, hair falls in between.
- Hereditary baldness or if someone is bald in the family, then it can be found in the form of heredity.
Apart from this, according to modern science, these can also be the reasons for hair fall :
- Fungal infection
- Vitamin A overdose
- Psychological stress
- Radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Regular use of steroids
- Alopecia areata
- Autoimmune conditions such as lupus
- Certain infectious diseases such as syphilis
- Excessive shampooing and blow-drying
- Hormonal changes
- Tinea capitis
- Bacterial infection of the scalp
Along with this, there is not one reason for hair fall, but there are many reasons, such as excessive consumption of salt leads to baldness. And stress, infection, hormone imbalance, inadequate nutrition, lack of vitamins and nutrients, side effects of medicines, negligence or improper hair care, use of wrong type of shampoo. Even the opposite is diet, bile-enhancing diet, inferior diet, false and excessive yoga, sleep, celibacy, polluted water. Whatever may be the cause of hair fall, new hair can grow if the right home remedies are tried in every reason.
Ways to Prevent Hair Fall
Till now we talked about why hair fall but how to stop it from falling, there should be information about it. For example, instead of consuming junk food, consume more fruits and vegetables. To avoid the problem of hair fall, it is also necessary to adopt a good lifestyle along with food and drink.
Hair loss can be prevented by reducing stress, having a proper diet, adopting proper hair grooming techniques and if possible using anti hair loss medicines. Some cases of hereditary baldness can be prevented with the help of medicines.
Hair fall due to excessive stress, living in a polluted environment. Waking up at night, doing excessive labor and using chemical products to wash hair with shampoo are all factors in hair fall. For this, include Pranayama and Yogasanas in your lifestyle. By doing Yogasana and Pranayama, the stress level reduces and hair fall reduces. Use more and more seasonal fruits in food, eat green leafy vegetables, sprouted grains and dry fruits. Taking a balanced diet does not lead to nutritional deficiency, which is one of the main causes of hair fall.
The problem of hair loss is seen in women during pregnancy or after menopause, for this also there is a need for a balanced diet and stress-free lifestyle. Hair loss can be prevent to some extent by making lifestyle changes.
Along with treating hair fall and taking home remedies for hair fall, it is also necessary to take care of some important things.
- There are many types of chemicals in the hair color available in the market, which is not good for the hair. Frequent hair coloring can lead to hair breakage, as well as reduce the natural shine of the hair.
- Do not tie the hair too tightly. Tying too tight can cause more hair breakage.
- Clean the comb regularly.
- Wear a scarf or cap on your head before stepping out in the sun to protect your hair from harmful sun rays and pollution.
- Do not run your hands over the hair again and again.
- Do not wash hair with hot water. Washing with hot water can make hair dry, lifeless and damaged.
- Stay away from stress or anxiety.
- Exercise regularly.
- Do yoga or meditation.
Diet for Hair Fall
Talking about the measures to prevent hair fall, diet also plays an important role. If the diet is right then the hair will also be healthy. At the same time, lack of nutrients can also be the reason for hair loss.
What to eat to stop hair fall :
Consuming eggs can be beneficial for hair. Actually, eggs contain protein and lack of protein can lead to dullness and hair fall. If someone does not eat eggs, then he can eat other protein-rich foods like almonds or peas. Not only protein, eggs also contain biotin, which can be beneficial for hair.
Talking about nutrients, zinc deficiency can also cause hair fall. In such a zinc-rich diet, which includes foods like chicken, almonds, oatmeal, peas.
Omega 3 and 6 :
Consuming Omega 3 and 6 can be beneficial to prevent hair loss. For omega 3, you can consume salmon fish, walnuts and walnuts or pumpkin seeds for omega 6.
Iron can also be beneficial for making hair healthy. In such a situation, iron-rich foods such as spinach, peas or kale can be consume.
what not to eat :
Vitamin A :
Vitamin-A is beneficial for hair, but its excessive intake can cause hair loss.
Also, it might be a good idea to stay away from the foods and beverages mentioned below, these can complicate hair problems.
- Sugary drinks
- Junk foods
- More tea and coffee
Treatment for Hair Fall
- The doctor may recommend applying Minoxidil in hair fall medicine. It is a kind of lotion.
- Hair fall can also be treated through hair transplant surgery. This can be one of the effective scalp hair loss remedy.
- The doctor may prescribe some other treatment or medicines depending on the hair problem.
- Stem Cell Therapy : The growth of human hair starts from the follicles located in the scalp. When these follicles die, they do not allow new hair to grow. These follicles are stimulated in stem cell therapy. This produces new follicles and hair growth begins. This therapy helps to grow new hair in three to four months and is more effective and safe than other therapies. It is use for both women and men.
- Intensive Hair Root Therapy : In this therapy, it is first ascertained as to what is causing the hair fall. After that, the essential nutrients for the hair are injected directly into the hair roots in the form of medicines. Micro injections are used for this and there is no pain at all. New hair starts growing after two to three months of taking this treatment.
- Laser Hair Treatment : This treatment is mostly use in case of hair loss due to genetic reasons. This treatment accelerates blood circulation in the scalp and increases the metabolism of the hair follicles. After this hair growth starts. This treatment is usually taken for hair loss in a particular part of the head.
- Hair Transplant : People who have lost hair or are troubled by rapid hair loss often get hair transplant done. In this, where there is no hair, the scalp is removed and the scalp or skin that has hair growth is applied. This is one of the earliest methods of hair transplantation. With changing times, more methods of hair transplant have come. This doctor will decide which treatment you need.
Home Remedies for Hair Fall
Actually, people ignore the problem of hair fall first, so it is not treated at the right time. Generally, only home remedies are adopted to get relief from hair fall. Let’s know about them in detail.
1) Massage your head by applying garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice. Do this process before sleeping and wash your hair thoroughly in the morning. Onion juice contains sulphur, which promotes the production of collagen present in the tissue. Use of onion as hair loss medicine prevents hair loss.
2) Green tea can be use as a medicine for hair loss. Mix green tea in a cup of water and apply it on your scalp and leave it for about an hour. Green tea contains antioxidants that help prevent hair loss. You can stop hair loss by using green tea instead of drinking it. Green tea treatment works very effectively in preventing hair fall.
3) Make a paste by mixing henna and fenugreek powder. Apply this paste to the hair and after drying for some time, wash the hair with plain water. Its regular use reduces hair fall.
4) You can use salt and black pepper to cure hair fall. Mixing 5 spoons of ground salt and black pepper with 1-1 spoons of coconut oil and applying it on the place of baldness brings hair. Believe it or not, this method works to prevent hair fall, but it also depends on the nature of the person.
5) Pomegranate can also be used as a medicine for hair loss. Not only pomegranate juice but pomegranate leaves can also stop hair fall. Mix 1 liter juice of pomegranate leaves and 100 grams pulp of leaves in half a liter of mustard oil and cook, when only oil is left, take it off and filter it and keep it in a vial, using it to remove baldness, hair Starts growing, if the hair is falling then their fall stops. These remedies for hair loss affect different people in different ways.
6) Boil neem and ber leaves in plenty of water. Cool this water and wash your hair with it and then use neem oil, it stops hair fall. This is the best way to prevent hair fall.
7) Lemon and coconut are the medicine for hair fall. In case of hair fall or breakage, mixing two times coconut oil in lemon juice and massaging the hair slowly with the tips of the fingers will stop hair fall.
8) Night Jasmine Seeds is one of the home remedies to stop hair fall. Prepare a paste by grinding Night Jasmine Seeds and apply it regularly on the head, it is a beneficial recipe for hair loss and baldness.
9) People also use Parwal as a medicine for hair fall. To prevent hair fall, extract juice by grinding Pointed Gourd Leaves and apply it on the head. By doing this experiment for 2-3 months, hair fall stops gradually and baldness also goes away. How effective the treatment to stop baldness will be depends on the person.
10) Take any natural oil like olive oil, coconut oil or canola oil. Warm it lightly and massage your scalp daily with this oil. After massaging, wear a shower cap on your head and wash it with shampoo after about an hour. Oil treatment is very beneficial as a way to prevent hair fall.
11) If your hair is falling due to dryness and lifelessness, then massage your scalp with almond oil. This removes dryness of hair and reduces hair fall.
12) Apart from health, amla is very effective in preventing the problem of hair loss. It not only promotes hair growth but also strengthens hair. For this, just add shikakai and reetha to amla powder and make a paste out of it. Apply this paste on the hair and leave it till it dries. After this wash the hair with water. You will see the difference in a few days.
13) Fenugreek is also effective in controlling hair fall. Fenugreek contains antioxidants which are helpful in increasing hair growth. For this, simply soak fenugreek seeds in water at night. Next day grind fenugreek seeds. Add one teaspoon lemon juice and coconut oil to it. Apply this paste on the roots of the hair. Keep it on the hair till it dries. After this wash with water. You will see the effect in a few days.
14) Aloe vera is beneficial for health as well as it is beneficial in controlling hair fall. For this, just cut the leaves of aloe vera from the middle and take out its pulp and massage it by applying it to the hair roots. Wash off with water after about half an hour. There will be relief in hair fall within a few days.
15) Protein, sulfur, zinc and phosphorus are found in abundance in eggs, which are very important elements for hair. With its help, you can prevent falling hair. It works to strengthen your hair, promote hair growth and prevent split ends. You take egg white in a cup and apply it on the hair once a week with henna.
16) Put a handful of curry leaves in half a cup of coconut oil and heat it in a saucepan. When the mixture starts to turn light black, turn off the gas and leave the mixture to cool. After cooling, filter the mixture. Now apply this mixture on your hair and scalp and leave it for half an hour. After that wash with shampoo and conditioner. It can be use once a week.
17) Add licorice powder and saffron to the milk and mix. Apply this mixture on the head before sleeping at night. Wash the head thoroughly the next morning. It can be use once to twice a week.
18) Blend hibiscus flowers and leaves. Add a little coconut oil to this mixture. Apply it on your scalp and spread it through your hair. Leave it for 30-60 minutes. Then wash off with shampoo and conditioner. Can use it once a week.
19) Grind fenugreek seeds in a mixer. Now put this powder in curd and mix it. Apply this mixture on the head and hair and massage the head with light hands. After about 20 minutes, wash the hair with lukewarm water and shampoo it.
20) Mix rosemary oil and olive or coconut oil. Applying it on the head before sleeping at night, wash the hair the next day. It can be use once to twice a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my hair fall is happening due to medicines, how can it be stop?
If you notice that a certain medicine is causing you excessive hair loss, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor.
Can cutting hair reduce hair fall?
No, it does not necessarily reduce hair fall. However, it may have different effects on different individuals. It would be better to talk to the concerned doctor in this matter.
Why does hair fall in winter?
Hair falls more during winter. No exact scientific evidence is yet available regarding its reason. However, as a guess, it can be said that due to dry air, the scalp also becomes dry, due to which hair fall can occur.
Does having long hair cause more hair fall?
No, having long hair does not necessarily lead to hair fall. If one pulls the hair repeatedly or if one has any health problem, then hair fall can occur. At present, there is no scientific research available related to this.
Which foods cause hair fall?
Excessive intake of Vitamin-A rich foods, sugary beverages, alcohol, junk foods and excessive consumption of tea and coffee can cause hair loss.
Can hair fall back after it grows?
In many cases this has been observe after a few months. But in many cases permanent baldness comes after some time.
Is it okay to have hair fall every day?
Hair loss and replacement by new hair is a normal process. If you have one lakh hairs on your head and out of that 50 to 100 hairs fall everyday, then it is normal. Yes, if the hair is falling in large numbers and very fast and new hair is not coming in the same number as compare to that, then you should be alert.
When should I go to the doctor ?
Hair loss is a common disease, but when its symptoms become complicated, and 50 to 100 hairs start falling, then it is a serious condition. In such a situation, do not use any hair loss medicine or hair loss remedies by yourself.
Recommended Articles :
- Stomach Pain | Types, Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Eye Flu (Conjunctivitis) | Types, Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies