What is Memory Power ?
Memory power is a major power of the brain. The function of memory is to preserve the knowledge that is acquired by seeing and hearing, and then to reveal it in time. This power of receiving is called ‘Medha’.
The food we eat gets digested and becomes juice. Blood, flesh, marrow, bone and semen are made from the juice. The amount of semen in these metals is very less. When this semen becomes power, it is called Oj. It is only because of this that the body becomes bright. Apart from strengthening the brain, it also keeps the memory power fine.
Semen is held by celibacy. In the absence of celibacy, there is a loss of semen and energy. Memory power weakens due to the loss of Oj. That is why the first requirement for fast memory is to follow celibacy with restraint. Concentration of the mind is an important factor for celibacy. The restlessness of the mind hinders concentration. The mind remains disturbed due to stressful routine-attachment-aversion, competition etc. The stress of daily life has a great impact on the brain. When the brain gets tired, the memory power gradually starts to weaken. A healthy mind in a healthy body is necessary for a strong memory. Just as the concentrated rays of the sun gathered at one place can burn an object and the scattered rays of the sun do not have this power, so is the mind. There is immense power in a concentrated mind.
How to Increase Memory Power ?
Generally following natural ways should be taken to improve memory power :
1) Do yogasanas, pranayama, meditation etc. regularly in the morning. In yoga, practice Sarvangasana, Shirshasan, Dhanurasana, Matsyasana, Paschimottanasana, Mayurasana and Halasana.
2) Sit in a quiet place with Padmasana and do pranayama while stabilizing the mind. After that, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Open the eyes and look carefully at the tip of the nose for a few seconds. Close your eyes again and focus on your breathing. After a while, look at the tip of the nose again for a few seconds and open the eyes and focus on the middle of both the eyebrows. Repeat this action over and over.
3) Eat a balanced diet. Food should contain sufficient amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals, fats, etc. Seasonal fruits, greens and vegetables, bread made of bran flour increases the immunity power of the body.
4) Breathing should be slow, deep and rhythmic. Due to this, oxygen is receive by the lungs in the proper amount.
5) Make your thoughts positive. Positive thoughts make life optimistic. This will relieve stress.
6) Take proper rest. It is necessary to give rest to the mind after a very hectic routine.
7) Do not take hot and spicy foods. Grief, anger, fear and worry etc. and do not think excessively.
If your memory power is weak, then adopt this ayurvedic remedy which will increase your memory power.
1) Take two teaspoons of Brahmi Rasayana with milk twice a day.
2) Take 10 grams of Ashwagandha powder with milk daily. It is a force for the brain.
3) Take 10 grams of Triphala powder with water at bedtime.
4) Prepare equal quantity of Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Jatamansi, Amla, Giloyka powder and take about 5 grams twice a day with warm milk.
5) Students should take nutritious things like ghee-milk etc. in more quantity and follow the rules in a disciplined manner. Brahmivati 2 tablet and Saraswatarishta 2 spoon twice a day after meals and one amla murabba in the morning is very beneficial for students.
6) Glucose, milk-ghee, almonds, walnuts etc. are useful for the nutrition of the brain.
7) Consume Brahmighrit regularly. To make brahmighrit, take 4 kg of brahmiki leaf juice, 1 kg of desi ghee, turmeric, koot, harre, trivrat, jasmine flowers 50 grams each, vach, sandhav, 15 grams each. Apart from ghee and juice of Brahmiki leaves, powder all the rags. Put ghee on the fire and heat it, add the juice and powder of Brahmiki leaves and boil it. When only ghee is left, take it off, it is ‘Brahmi Ghrita’.
Also Read :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment