What is Heart Blockage ?
The problem of heart blockage is known in the medical term as conduction disorder. Heart blockage is a problem with the electrical signals in the heart. These electrical signals cause the heart to beat and work to control the heart rate. In addition, it also helps the heart to carry blood throughout the body. At the same time, the problem arises when these electrical signals from the upper part of the heart (atria) do not reach the lower part of the heart (ventricles) properly. This problem is known as heart blockage.
Earlier, only the middle-aged or the elderly were seen troubled by heart problems. At the same time, now heart diseases can also be seen in young and adolescents. We have become so accustomed to living a comfortable life that we have started making our body the home of diseases. In today’s time, due to unbalanced diet and hectic lifestyle, heart diseases are increasing rapidly among people. By taking the right steps when you see the symptoms of heart diseases, you can reduce its risk. Many times people have problems like chest pain, shortness of breath, but people ignore it as normal. If this problem is ignored, then the patient’s problems can increase in the future and he increases the risk of heart attack, heart failure.
Heart blockage can occur due to poor lifestyle and unbalanced diet. In the problem of heart blockage, the heartbeat slows down and the process of pumping blood through the heart slows down in your body. If the right steps are not taken as soon as the symptoms of heart blockage are seen, then it can also lead to cardiac arrest in the patient. In many cases, the problem of heart attack is due to heart blockage. Recognizing the symptoms of heart blockage at the right time, treatment and prevention is very important.
It is often seen that people get very nervous when there is a blockage in the heart. In fact, it is such a disease that there is no need to panic but to be treated seriously. Do you know that home remedies to open heart blockage can cure the disease. In some people, the problem of blockage in the heart starts at birth, while in some people this problem develops in adulthood. According to Ayurveda, many effective remedies have been given to open the blockage of the heart. Before that it is important to know that the treatment of heart blockage depends on the medical consultation only. Home remedies can only help in enhancing the effect of the treatment. Let’s know about all.
Types of Heart Blockage
There are mainly three types of heart blockage, which are define on the basis of different parts of the heart. Some of these are :
1) Sinoatrial Node Block :
The sinoatrial node is an important part of the heart that acts as a natural pacemaker. It induces the heart to beat by producing an electrical signal. When this part is affect due to some reason and is not able to give proper signal to the heart, it is called sinoatrial node block.
2) Atrioventricular Node Block :
In the case of atrioventricular node block, the electrical signal produce in the heart is either slowed down or does not travel from the upper part of the heart (atria) to the lower part (ventricles).
3) Bundle Branches Block :
There are two types of bundle branch block, related to the lower right and left sides of the heart.
i) Right Bundle Block :
This condition arises due to lack of proper blood flow to the myocardium (muscles of the heart).
ii) Left Bundle Block :
This condition arises due to injury to the myocardium (muscles of the heart) or due to any other damage.
Causes of Heart Blockage
Blocks cholesterol, fat, fiber, tissue and white blood cells. This mixture gradually sticks to the walls of the veins. This is what causes heart block. There are some another causes of hearth blockage are as follows :
- Congenital heart blockage
- Side effects of drugs
- Heart disease
- Heart surgery
- Infection (e.g., Lyme disease caused by Borrelia burgdorferi)
There are two types of block in the heart. When it is thick and hard, such a block is called a stable block. When it is soft it is consider to be prone to plucking. This is called an unstable block.
1) Stable Plaque (Stable Block) :
This type of block grows slowly. In such a situation, the blood flow gets a chance to find a way to the new arteries. This is called the Collateral Vessel. This vessel bypasses the blocked artery, and delivers the needed blood and oxygen to the heart muscle. The amount of obstruction from the stable block does not matter. It doesn’t even cause a serious heart attack.
2) Unstable Plaque (Unstable Block) :
In a temporary block, when the block breaks, a dangerous clot forms. This does not give the collaterals full time to develop. The person’s muscles become severely damaged. Sometimes this leads to a sudden heart attack, or the patient becomes a victim of cardiac death.
Symptoms of Heart Blockage
The problem of blockage in the heart occurs in 3 stages. In the first stage, the patient does not see any specific symptoms, but after reaching the second and third stages, the symptoms also increase.. If the symptoms of heart blockage are taken care of in time, then the risk of it can be prevented. Let us now know about these symptoms.
- Fainting, dizziness and body twitching.
- Extreme tiredness and weakness.
- Chest pain (mild pain in the beginning but increases with time).
- Shortness of breath or rapid breathing.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Trouble running or exercising.
- Nausea and vomiting problem.
- Frequent headaches
- Pain in the neck, upper abdomen, jaw, throat, or back
- Pain or numbness in your feet or hands
- Weakness or chills
These symptoms of heart blockage should not be ignore, as these symptoms can also become symptoms of heart attack later.
Diagnosis of Heart Blockage
How to diagnose heart blockage through the following points? This can be understood in a better way.
- First of all, the doctor may ask the patient about his medical history and the regular medicines taken.
- After that, in the form of physical examination, the doctor can look for signs of heart blockage such as: – Swelling in the ankles and feet.
- At the same time, if needed, the doctor can check the electrical signals of the heart through ECG (electrocardiogram).
- At the same time, if the problem is severe, the doctor may advise the patient to wear a heart monitor (a device to measure heart rate) for 24 to 48 hours, so that the condition of the heart can be closely monitor.
Prevention Tips for Heart Blockage
To prevent the problem of heart blockage, you must keep these things in mind.
- Do not let the cholesterol level increase in the body. Keeping cholesterol under control can benefit the heart.
- Keep the diet balanced and nutritious.
- Exercise regularly.
- Keep sugar under control.
- Eat food at right time and get good sleep.
- Avoid consuming alcohol.
- Avoid smoking to avoid heart diseases.
- Heart problems can be kept away by keeping blood pressure under control.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every day and keep your worries to a minimum.
- Reduce salt intake, so that hypertension is control.
- Avoid consuming at least oil, ghee (butter) in food. Excessive intake of these accumulates in the form of a layer over the arteries, and affects the flow of blood.
- Consuming sugar can greatly increase the level of cholesterol in the body. This can cause blood clots to form, or the blood to thicken.
Diet for Heart Blockage Disease
In the problem of heart blockage, foods rich in minerals, vitamins and fiber that keep the heart healthy can be include in the diet, which are as follows :
What Should Eat :
- Cereals: Wheat, rice, barley, corn, rye, millet.
- Dairy Products: Low-fat milk and yogurt.
- Fruits: Oranges, apples, pears, blueberries, lemons and cranberries.
- Vegetables: Celery, carrots, potatoes, onions and spinach.
- Seeds: Beans and legumes.
- Other fruits: Cucumber, pumpkin and tomato.
What Not To Eat :
- Do not consume food containing more salt.
- Do not consume fatty dairy products.
- Do not eat fried and spicy things.
- While taking the snacks available in the market, definitely look at the ingredients included in it and do not use ingredients containing saturated fat and hydrogenated fat.
Home Remedies for Heart Blockage
You can try these home remedies to prevent heart blockage or to open heart blockage remedies:
1) Pomegranate contains phytochemicals, which in the form of anti-oxidants prevent the lining of the arteries from getting damaged. Consume a cup of pomegranate juice daily. Consuming pomegranate is a way to avoid heart attack. Pomegranate home remedy proves to be beneficial in getting relief from the symptoms of heart blockage.
2) The bark of the arjuna tree is beneficial in the treatment of heart-related diseases such as high cholesterol, blood pressure, blockage in the arteries and coronary artery disease. It regulates the cholesterol level, and makes the heart healthy. Its bark contains natural oxidizing agents. The bark of the Arjuna tree is used as a medicine to prevent heart attack. On this basis, it can be consider useful as a remedy for heart blockage. Pour water into the tea pan and add arjuna bark powder to it. Now put the tea pan on the gas for heating. After it boils well, take it out in a separate glass and keep it to cool down a bit. Drink it after it cools down. This process can be repeat two to three times a week.
3) Cinnamon reduces bad cholesterol from the body, and strengthens the heart. It also contains oxidizing elements. With its regular use, shortness of breath is remove. Cinnamon can help relieve heart attack symptoms, and open up heart blockages.
4) An element called capsaicin present in cayenne pepper prevents oxidation of bad cholesterol or LDL. It lowers the level of bad cholesterol in the blood, which is one of the main causes of clogged arteries. Apart from this, it improves blood circulation. It also reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Mix half or a teaspoon of red chili in a cup of hot water. Take it regularly for a few weeks. Apart from this, you can also take red chili supplements on the advice of a doctor.
5) Flaxseeds help reduce blood pressure and inflammation. It is one of the best sources of alphalinolenic acid (ALA). It helps keep clogged arteries clear, and improves overall heart health. Flaxseed home remedy can prove to be beneficial to open the heart block. This helps in relieving the symptoms of heart attack. Flaxseed contains a lot of fiber LDL, which helps to clean the arteries. Take a spoonful of flaxseeds regularly with water. Apart from this, you can also take it by mixing it in juice, soup or smoothie.
6) Garlic is one of the best remedies to clear clogged arteries. It dilates blood vessels, and improves blood circulation. Garlic lowers the level of bad cholesterol, and reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke. Boil three garlic cloves and mix them in a cup of milk. When it cools down, drink it before sleeping. Include garlic in your diet.
7) Peepal leaves have anti-oxidant properties, which are very good for heart health. They help the heart beat in a healthy way, and also improve blood circulation in the arteries. This is a home remedy for heart blockage.
8) Turmeric works to open clogged arteries. Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents clotting of blood. Turmeric mixed with hot milk should be consume daily. Turmeric is used since winter to get relief from many diseases. This is a home remedy for heart blockage.
9) Lemon is a powerful anti-oxidant rich in Vitamin C. It helps in improving blood pressure, and reducing inflammation of the arteries. In addition, lemon lowers blood cholesterol levels, prevents oxidative damage in the bloodstream, and cleans the arteries. For this, mix a little honey, black pepper powder and juice of one lemon in a glass of lukewarm water. Take it once or twice a day for a few weeks.
10) You can eat the grapes after washing or you can drink it after making its juice. Can be use once or twice a day. Consumption of grapes is beneficial for health, because the antioxidants and special types of phytochemicals found in it can work to keep the heart healthy. At the same time, it is mention in another research that it can also help in removing the blockage in the arteries. Since blockage in the arteries is a risk factor for heart blockage. On this basis, it would not be wrong to say that by maintaining heart health, it can help in reducing the risk of heart blockage.
11) Vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium elements are present in honey. Honey is consider very beneficial for the heart. Cholesterol is also reduce by its consumption.
12) Ginger works as a beneficial medicine to open the blockages of the heart. Its consumption improves the immunity of the body. Apart from this, the symptoms of heart disease are relieve. Be sure to take the information about its use from an ayurvedic doctor.
13) Tulsi is very beneficial to avoid heart attack. Lick the juice of 25-30 leaves of basil, 1 lemon and a little honey (if there is no diabetes) in a small amount, or drink it mixed with water. This is a home remedy for heart blockage.
14) To get relief from the symptoms of heart disease, consumption of gourd vegetable, and gourd juice is beneficial. It helps in reducing the acidity of the blood. Drink bottle gourd juice mixed with basil leaves. Basil leaves have alkaline properties. Drinking mint mixed with it also gives benefits. You can add rock salt to change its taste.
15) The use of cardamom can be helpful in diagnosing the problem of heart blockage. The cardiotonic (improving heart function) and antioxidant properties found in it may work to protect against heart disease. These properties can be helpful in removing the problem of heart blockage. Let us tell you that cardiotonic medicine is use to improve the rate of heart muscle. Make a decoction by mixing the powder of Arjuna bark in water. Also add some cardamom in it. Then drink it. You can drink 3 to 4 times a week.
Is it true that there are many stages of blockage in the heart?
Heart blockage occurs at different stages. There are no specific symptoms in the first or early stage. In the second stage, the heartbeat becomes slightly less than normal. In the third stage, the heart starts beating intermittently. Heart attack or heart attack can also come in the second or third stage. It requires immediate treatment.
What percentage of blockages require a stent?
There is 70 percent or more blockage in the arteries that supply blood to the heart.
Which is better stent or bypass?
According to experts, doctors recommend bypass surgery only in the case of closure of two or all three arteries that supply blood to the heart. At the same time, in case of blockage in an artery, it is advisable to have a stent. On the other hand, if both are compare, then bypass surgery is more better in both.
Can 100% blockage be removed?
Yes, 100% block can be cured through bypass surgery.
How can I unblock my arteries without surgery?
If you are suffering from first degree or second degree block, then you can try to cure it by adopting the above-mentioned home remedies.
Can heart blockage cause increased blood pressure?
Of course, blood pressure can increase due to heart blockage.
When should a doctor be contacted if there is a blockage in the heart?
If you feel these symptoms of heart disease, you should talk to the doctor, because these can be symptoms of early stage heart attack:
- Pain in the center of the chest, and it persists for a few minutes.
- Uncomfortable pressure on the chest
- Shoulder pain and pain radiating to neck, and left arm. This pain can be mild or severe. This may cause a feeling of stiffness or heaviness. It can also occur inside the chest, upper abdomen, neck, jaw and arms.
- Restlessness or excessive sweating
- Vomiting or diarrhea
If the symptoms of blockage in the heart are seen, the patient should first consult a doctor. The doctor examines you base on the severity and after that the treatment is start. In the initial stage, the doctor recommends the use of some medicines and recommends adopting lifestyle changes. If you have second degree block then the patient may need a pacemaker. Each individual patient is treated on the basis of the severity of the problem.
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment