What is Mouth Ulcer ?
There is hardly anyone who does not know about mouth ulcers. This is a problem that worries many people. Mouth ulcers are a common problem that almost everyone has at one time or another. These blisters occur on the inside of the cheeks, on the tongue and on the inner side of the lips. They appear as white or red lesions. This is not such a big problem, but it is very painful, due to ulcers, there is a burning sensation in the mouth and it is difficult to eat anything and sometimes blood also comes out of the mouth. Blisters in the mouth is a common thing, but the person who has frequent mouth ulcers should contact the doctor completely and know the reason because it can be harmful again and again.
Blisters in the mouth are both red and white in color. They occur in the lips, gums, tongue and the inner part of the mouth, but sometimes it happens that it reaches the food pipe and there is a lot of discomfort while eating. Mouth ulcers are very painful and along with them there is a burning sensation. In such a situation, a person cannot easily eat any thing whether it is sweet or spicy.
Mouth ulcers sometimes get cured on their own and sometimes we have to take medicines. Homeopathic and allopathic medicines are available in the market. Along with this, there are many home remedies to cure it. Mouth ulcers are cured by the saliva of the mouth itself, but it may take four to five days to happen. Many home remedies prove to be very effective for the treatment of mouth ulcers, so it is better than medicines to get relief from mouth ulcers by adopting home remedies. Today we will discuss how mouth ulcers can be cured with home remedies.
Types of Mouth Ulcers
Mouth ulcers are both small and large. It is of two types depending on the reason.
1) Aphthous ulcers :
These are ulcers caused by upset stomach, spicy food or other above mentioned reasons. They do not spread due to any disease and due to others. These are Non-Contagious.
2) Fever Blisters :
It is caused by the herpes simplex virus around the lips.
Causes of Mouth Ulcer
There are many reasons for mouth ulcers. Many times it also happens that while eating or talking, our tongue or lips get buried in between the teeth, due to which blisters are formed in the mouth. Many times it happens that due to the negative effect of the internal part of the body, mouth ulcers start. So let’s know some reasons for having blisters in the mouth :
1) Due to stomach heat :
It is common to have blisters in the mouth due to heat in the stomach. When there is a problem in our stomach or there is some disturbance in it, then we get blisters in our mouth. Always keep your stomach right because many diseases arise due to improper stomach. If our stomach works properly then we will be far away from diseases. We can have to face many diseases due to upset stomach.
2) Due to stress :
Many times it happens that due to stress also the mouth ulcers start and as soon as the stress is over, the mouth ulcers end on their own. That’s why stay away from stress and have a positive effect on your brain so that you stay away from any worry and tension. Mental illnesses like anxiety and stress are very dangerous.
3) Due to fluctuation of hormones :
There are many hormones found in the body and each hormone does its work regularly. If for any reason there is some disturbance in the hormones of the body or there is any fluctuation, then due to this there is a bad effect on the body of the person. Due to this also, blisters start in the mouth.
4) Due to disturbance of mental religion :
If any woman is not getting menstruation or there is any problem in getting menstruation, then due to this also the mouth starts getting blisters.
5) Indigestion :
Indigestion is a major cause of mouth ulcers. If someone has indigestion then it is common to have blisters in the mouth.
6) Reasons for eating spicy :
People who consume a lot of spices in their diet, especially they have the problem of ulcers in the mouth. Due to the heat of the spices, heat is created in the stomach and due to this, ulcers start in the mouth. Sometimes it also happens that due to spices, there is a burning sensation in the mouth and tongue. Due to which there are blisters in the mouth. These spices cause a lot of burning due to being hot. Along with this, there is also a lot of pain in the mouth ulcers. Therefore, do not consume more spices to get rid of mouth ulcers.
7) Due to lack of vitamins :
Blisters in the mouth are caused due to deficiency of Vitamin B and Vitamin C. Therefore, to meet the deficiency of vitamin B and vitamin C, eat those things in which vitamin B and C are found in abundance.
8) Reasons for not taking special care of teeth cleaning :
Blisters also start in the mouth due to not taking proper care of cleaning the teeth and mouth. Take special care of cleaning the teeth and mouth because diseases arise only due to disturbances of the mouth and stomach.
Apart from this, some diseases also cause blisters in the mouth such as :
- People who have been suffering from constipation for a long time have frequent mouth ulcers.
- Having bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- A bowel disorder called celiac disease, in which a person has a sensitivity to gluten, a protein found in gluten grains.
- Weakening of immunity power.
- HIV which reduces the ability to fight disease.
Ways to Avoid Mouth Ulcers
Diet and lifestyle changes are needed to avoid mouth ulcers :
- Avoid eating chillies and high spices.
- Mouth ulcers also occur due to the habit of chewing too much chewing gum. So avoid it.
- Eat fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C.
- Consume more milk-based foods like curd, butter, cheese and milk so that there is no deficiency of vitamin-B in the body, which is a cause of mouth ulcer.
- Use raw onion as a salad with meals.
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet because the lack of vitamin-B6, folic acid, zinc, iron also causes blisters.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water daily.
- Avoid constipation problem, so eat fibrous vegetables and fruits in the diet.
- Take green tea.
- Take special care of cleaning the mouth.
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Home Remedies for Mouth Ulcers
In case of mouth ulcers, instead of eating English medicine immediately, home remedies should be adopted first. If the blisters do not get better with home remedies, then you should go to the doctor. Let’s know about these home remedies:
1) Chew 4-5 basil leaves twice a day and eat it.
2) Mix the powder of liquorice with honey and apply this paste on the mouth ulcers and let the saliva drip out of the mouth.
3) Black Catechu is very beneficial for mouth ulcers. Mix catechu, liquorice powder and honey and apply on mouth ulcers. Apart from this, mix catechu in soft leaves of guava and chew it like paan.
4) You can also use honey to cure mouth ulcers. For this, make a mixture by mixing honey and cardamom powder. Apply this mixture directly on the blisters for 2-3 days.
5) If someone has blisters in his mouth and is having difficulty in eating and drinking, then such a person should gargle with lukewarm water of turmeric. Do this twice a day. If he does this continuously for 2 days, then his mouth ulcers will reduce to a great extent and he will not have any problem of eating and drinking. Turmeric has antiseptic properties which are very beneficial in healing any wound.
6) Honey is very beneficial to cure mouth ulcers. Apply honey on mouth ulcers or where there are blisters. Use it thrice a day. By doing this the result will come in front of you and you will get a lot of comfort.
7) Anyone who has blisters in his mouth should eat a banana every morning after waking up. By doing this his mouth ulcers will be cured. Sometimes the main reason for blisters is the absence of stomach or constipation. A fair amount of an element called fiber is found in bananas. Consuming banana removes the problem of constipation, which increases the chances of not getting blisters in future.
8) Coconut oil is very beneficial for mouth ulcers. Apply coconut oil on the mouth ulcers. Anti-inflammatory properties are found inside it, due to which mouth ulcers get cured quickly and the pain also goes away. Along with this, the burning sensation in the mouth ulcer also ends.
9) Consuming coconut water is a panacea for mouth ulcers. To get rid of mouth ulcers, drink coconut water. With this, along with healing the blisters, the burning sensation in the mouth ulcers will also reduce. After this treatment, you can easily eat anything.
10) For mouth ulcers, mixing apple cider vinegar with half a glass of water and gargling twice a day provides relief from mouth ulcers.
11) Anyone who is suffering from mouth ulcers should consume more tomatoes. Putting tomato juice in a glass and gargling it with a little water can get rid of mouth ulcers.
12) Put a small piece of camphor in the betel leaf, which is equal to the lentils of tur and press it slowly with the teeth and spit its peak. Then clean the mouth with a good rinse. You will definitely get the benefit of it.
13) Wash jasmine vine leaves and keep them in the mouth and chew them slowly for 5 minutes. Keep his spit in the mouth, do not swallow. Swirl its peak in the mouth for 10 minutes. After that rinse your mouth thoroughly. Mouth ulcers will get relief and the burning sensation will go away.
14) 25 grams Amla, 10 grams Fennel, 5 g. white cardamom and 25g. Make a powder by grinding sugar candy. Give it half a gram. Take twice a day with water. 10 grams 21/2 grams in light warm milk. Mixing camphor powder and applying it on the ulcers destroys mouth ulcers.
15) Applying cold things on the ulcers gives very quick benefits. Along with this, it also helps in reducing pain and swelling.
16) The use of aloe vera reduces the burning sensation in the affected area. Also, the chemical substances present in aloe vera work to heal the wound quickly.
17) You can reduce the prickling, burning sensation in the blisters with tea tree oil. For this, apply this oil in cotton and keep it on the ulcers. This oil contains antiviral ingredients. It removes the infection. It can prove to be effective in curing any kind of ulcers.
18) Potas alum or alum is consider a very effective home remedy in healing wounds. Alum can also be helpful for you in curing mouth ulcers. Mix alum lightly with lukewarm water and rinse with it. Doing this two to three times in a day reduces both the wound and pain of the ulcer.
19) Garlic is very effective for treating ulcers. Take two to three garlic cloves and make a paste out of them. Now apply this paste on the affected area. Wash it off after 15 minutes of application.
20) The extract of fig leaves has been used for a long time as an ancient remedy to cure the problem of ulcers. Apply some fig leaves and then the extract from the lower part of the leaves, on the ulcerated area in the mouth. After this, a lot of saliva will come out of your mouth, let it fall out. Rinse off with water after about 5 minutes.
21) Rinse is very beneficial in curing mouth ulcer. Just which material will prove to be beneficial for whom, it depends on the nature of the human being.
- Mix honey in lemon water and gargle with it.
- Boil one teaspoon of coriander powder in a cup of water. When the water cools down, rinse it 3-4 times a day.
- To reduce the burning sensation in the ulcers, mix turmeric powder in glycerin and apply it on the ulcers and rinse after 20-25 minutes.
- Make a decoction of jamun bark and gargle. (benefit of berries)
- Make a decoction of nutmeg and gargle with it 5-6 times a day.
- 30 grams Take 1 liter of banyan bark. Mouth ulcers are cure by gargling with boiling water.
When should Go to the doctor ?
Blisters in the mouth would seem to be a common problem in hearing and seeing, but its pain will be known to the person who has struggle with this problem. Mouth ulcers sometimes give trouble in eating food and it gives a feeling of pain even in conversation. If a person is facing it again and again, then he should immediately go and get it examine by the doctor and find out the reason for it. If you are getting blisters in the mouth again and again or the condition is getting worse after not healing, then it should not be too late to go to the doctor.
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment