Often people do not talk openly about hemorrhoids. They find this disease a cause of embarrassment. At the same time, many people feel that the reason for having piles is not taking care of cleanliness, while it is not so. This disease can arise due to many types of health related problems. In this article, we will tell about piles in detail.
What is Piles (Hemorrhoids) ?
Piles are also called Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids is a disease which is very painful. In this, swelling occurs inside and outside the anus and in the lower part of the rectum. Because of this, warts are formed inside and outside the anus, or in any one place. Warts sometimes stay inside, sometimes they come out. About 60 percent of people suffer from hemorrhoids at some stage of their life and mostly occurs in people between 45 to 65 years of age. It is very important for the patient to get the treatment of piles at the right time. If hemorrhoids are not treat on time, then the pain increases greatly.
It is also a genetic problem. If someone in the family has had this problem, then there is a possibility of it happening to the other person. When it is very old, it takes the form of a fistula, which is also called fistula. There is helpless burning and pain in it. There are two types of piles, internal and external, internal hemorrhoids occur inside the anus and external hemorrhoids are outside the anus. Hemorrhoids occur in one place in 75 percent of people and it is quite common in people over the age of 50. This is due to the high pressure on the blood vessels of the Anas.
The pain of piles is very severe and painful, in this the veins in your anus and around the lower part of the anus swell. In this, sometimes itching with severe pain in your anus and blood with stool is one of its common symptoms. People who have piles also have to face difficulty in getting up and sitting. For its treatment, you can consult your doctor, as well as it can also be treated with the help of some home remedies. Let us know some home remedies to cure piles.
Types of Piles (Hemorrhoids)
The person who has piles gets swollen in the anus and small warts appear in and around the anus. There are two types of piles. One that is inside the anus and the other that is outside the anus. Let us know about them in detail.
1) Internal Hemorrhoids (Piles) :
It is at the beginning of the rectum and inside the anus. When the tissues here become enlarged, they can prolapse, which is called a prolapse. The most common problem with internal hemorrhoids is bleeding during bowel movements. Internal hemorrhoids are further classified on the basis of their appearance and degree of prolapse as follows:
- Grade-1: Non-Prolapsing Hemorrhoids
- Grade-2: Prolapsing hemorrhoids (tissue protruding when strained during a bowel movement and then coming back)
- Grade-3: Prolapsing hemorrhoids requiring surgery.
- Grade-4: Non-reducible prolapsing hemorrhoids, including acute thrombosed (enlarged hemorrhoids that are very swollen and bleeding).
2) External Hemorrhoids (Piles) :
This problem occurs outside the anus. During this piles there may be difficulty in clearing the affected area after having a bowel movement. Also, if a blood clot forms outside during this piles, then it is very painful. This is called thrombosed external hemorrhoids.
Causes of Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Lack of dietary fiber, Inadequate fluid intake, Poor lifestyle, Stress, Straining during bowel movements, Constipation and diarrhoea, Continuous sitting or standing for a long time, Long sitting on the toilet, Anal sex, Frequent heavy objects You can get piles due to lifting, being obese. Apart from this, piles can also occur during pregnancy. In some people this disease is seen from generation to generation, but in some it also occurs due to other reasons, which are:
- Some people have to stand for hours because of their employment, such as bus conductors, traffic police, etc. Along with this, those who have to lift heavy weights. These people are more likely to suffer from piles.
- Constipation is also a major cause of piles. In constipation, the stool is dry and hard, due to which it becomes difficult for the person to pass stools. Have to sit still for a long time. For this reason, there is pressure on the blood vessels there, and they swell and hang, which are called warts.
- Eating more fried and spicy food.
- Not having proper defecation.
- Do not consume fiber rich food.
- There is a risk of hemorrhoids in women due to pressure on the anal area during childbirth.
- Laziness or reduced physical activity.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption.
Symptoms of Piles (Hemorrhoids)
If we talk about its symptoms, then many times its symptoms are not visible in the patient in the initial days but after some time they start feeling. Many times, if hemorrhoids have not reached a serious stage, then it gets cured on its own in 4-5 days, but as the disease progresses, these symptoms can be seen:
- To be restless
- Pain in the anus, especially when sitting
- Feels like a hard lump around the anus. There is pain in it, and blood may also come.
- Feeling of not having a clean stomach even after defecation.
- Red shiny blood coming with burning during defecation.
- Extreme pain during defecation.
- Itching, and redness, and swelling around the anus.
- Mucous discharge during defecation.
- Frequent urge to pass stool, but no bowel movement during defecation.
Diet in Piles
- Eat a diet high in fiber, such as fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water daily.
- Consume buttermilk regularly in food.
Avoid These in Piles
If you are getting treatment for piles or are suffering from piles then it is very important to avoid these things :
- Junk food
- Do not consume fried and spicy food at all.
Lifestyle in Piles (Hemorrhoids)
- Do exercise and pranayama regularly.
- Do not sit in one place for a long time.
Prevention Tips for Piles
Hemorrhoids can be avoided while staying away from the problem of constipation. For this you can try the tips given below.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Eat fiber-rich fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Use stool softener.
- Take a fiber supplement.
- Exercise to prevent constipation.
Treatment of Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Medical procedures include the following treatments :
1) Rubber band ligation :
Doctors use this procedure to treat internal hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids are prone to bleeding and prolapsing. During this procedure, the doctor puts a rubber band around the piles. This band cuts off the blood supply. With the help of this, the part attached to the rubber band gets separate in about a week. Do not try to do this process by yourself.
During this therapy, doctors inject a solution to treat internal hemorrhoids, which often shrinks the part of the hemorrhoid.
3) Infrared photocoagulation:
During this, doctors use a device that puts infrared light directly into the internal hemorrhoids. With its help, the place of piles also shrinks.
4) Electrocoagulation :
The doctor during this time sends an electric current to the internal hemorrhoids using an instrument. Due to the electric current, the part of the piles shrinks.
This is hemorrhoid surgery, which is done to remove the tissue and prolapse of the internal hemorrhoid. This is done only when medicines do not have an effect on piles. Before this treatment, the doctor gives anesthesia to the patient to make him unconscious during the surgery.
Home Remedies for Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Often people do not realize that they are suffering from piles. Pain and bleeding in the anus are very common symptoms. Apart from this, itching in the anus and discharge from the anus is also one of the very common symptoms. But you don’t need to worry. Fortunately, you can easily find the solution to this problem at your home. Here are some home remedies for piles which give amazing results. Let us know some home remedies for piles:
1) The anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties of aloe vera reduce the irritation of piles, and there is no problem of constipation. It is beneficial in treating both internal and external piles. Apply aloe vera gel on the warts outside the anus. It soothes burning and itching. Eat 200-250 grams of aloe vera pulp. This will not cause constipation and will make it easier to pass stools.
2) Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces the inflammation in the blood vessels. Apply olive oil on the hemorrhoids.
3) Apple cider vinegar helps in shrinking the blood vessels due to its astringent properties. In bloody piles, add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it twice a day. In the case of hemorrhoids, soak cotton in apple cider vinegar and keep it in the anus. This will give relief from burning and itching.
4) Dip a cotton ball in pure almond oil, and apply it on the warts in the hemorrhoids. It reduces inflammation and irritation.
5) Soak three figs in a glass of water. Drink this water after consuming it on an empty stomach in the morning.
6) Consume lemon juice mixed with ginger and honey. It is beneficial in piles.
7) Eat papaya in dinner. This will not cause constipation. This will not cause pain during defecation.
8) Boil a ripe banana, and consume it twice a day. It gives advantage.
9) Make ashes by burning the hair of the coconut. Mix it with fresh whey and drink it regularly in the morning on an empty stomach.
10) If there is pain and burning in bad piles, grind cumin seeds with water and make a paste. Apply it on the wart area. In bloody piles, roast cumin seeds and grind them with sugar candy. Take it with whey in the amount of 1-2 grams 2-3 times a day.
11) Whey is like nectar in piles. Mix one-fourth of carom seeds powder, and one teaspoon of black salt in a glass of buttermilk and consume it in lunch daily. This is the best home remedy to get relief from piles.
12) Put warm water in the bathtub and sit for 10-15 minutes (Sitz bath). It is the best remedy to get relief from the pain and burning of piles.
13) Mix 1/4 of cinnamon powder in a teaspoon of honey and consume it daily, by doing this, it definitely gets rid of piles.
14) Roast 50 grams big cardamom on a pan, then cool it and grind it finely, now consume it every morning with cold water, you will definitely get benefit in piles.
15) Soak a cotton ball in witch hazel water. Now keep it on your anal area for a few minutes. This remedy can be done three to four times a day. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties present in witch hazel, it can be use to relieve irritation and inflammation cause by piles.
16) If you have piles, then eating radish juice and radish can prove to be very beneficial. But special care should be taken that only 25 to 50 grams of juice should be taken at a time.
17) Castor oil or castor oil has properties like anti-oxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and non-flammable. Hence, it has the power to reduce the size of the piles and reduce the pain caused by it. For this, take 3ml castor oil in milk every night and you can also apply it on the affected area. Applying castor oil on the affected area and its regular consumption provides relief in the pain of piles.
18) You can also do home remedies for piles with the help of raisins. If raisin juice is made and drunk then it is also very beneficial in piles. Take some quantity of raisins and keep them soaked in water for whole night and in the morning grind raisins in this water and drink it, it provides relief from piles.
19) By including asafetida in your diet, your digestive system remains correct and digestive health remains good. Asafoetida also contributes a lot in curing piles. You can consume asafoetida by adding it to your vegetable or by dissolving it in water.
20) Take out the juice of bitter gourd, mix some turmeric and neem oil in it and make a paste and apply it on the piles warts daily, by doing this the warts of piles get eliminated from the root.
21) Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer, which helps to reduce the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Applying coconut oil can reduce irritation and inflammation.
22) Applying ice or cold packs to the piles can also help relieve pain and swelling. Applying an ice pack while you are sitting or when a hemorrhoid flares up can temporarily relieve pain and swelling. To prevent damage to the skin, ice cubes should be wrapped in a small towel and applied for 15 minutes and repeat this process every hour.
23) Applying Epsom salt and glycerin together provides relief in inflammation. Use this mixture as follows- Mix 2 teaspoons of glycerin and Epsom salt and apply it on the affected area and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep applying it at intervals of every 4 to 6 hours until the pain is relieve.
24) Celium husk is a supplement that helps increase your fiber intake, and softens your stool so that you don’t have trouble passing a bowel movement. Take special care not to take too much of fiber or else you may get gas, and your stomach may also decrease. If you are taking psyllium husk, drink as much water as possible.
25) Add tea tree oil to olive oil and mix it well. Now dip a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it on the affected area. Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce inflammation as well as relieve pain.
26) For external hemorrhoids, peel garlic cloves and boil them in water for 10 minutes. Put the water in the fridge and let it cool. Soak a piece of cotton in this water and keep it on the anus for 10 to 15 minutes. Peel and crush a garlic clove for internal hemorrhoids. Now keep it inside the rectum and leave it overnight.
27) Add black seed oil to the vinegar and mix it well. Now apply it on the hemorrhoids affected area. For constipation (which is the cause of piles) drink a cup of black tea mix with half a teaspoon of black seed oil. The decoction (with oil) can be drunk twice a day.
28) Put the green tea bag in hot water for a minute or two. Now take out the tea bag and add honey and lemon to it. You can wash the piles affected area with this two to three times a day. Green tea can also be use without honey and lemon. Also, you can keep the used tea bag on the affected area for a few minutes.
29) Take a rose petal and mix it with 50 mm of water, grind it well, then take it on an empty stomach for three days, the right treatment of hemorrhoids can be done.
30) 10 to 12 grams of washed sesame should be taken with butter, by doing this, the complaint of blood in the stool is corrected and it is also beneficial in piles.
Difference Between Piles and Fistula
- In piles, there is swelling in the blood vessels of the anus and lower part of the rectum. This happens due to prolonged constipation and prolonged sitting in defecation.
- Apart from this, obesity or pregnant women are also prone to it. In this, warts are formed in the anus or rectum, when they burst, they bleed, and there is pain.
- There are no warts in the fistula. A wound tube is formed in the fistula, which is in the anal canal and the skin outside the anus.
- Fistula occurs in people who have an abscess near their anus. Many pimples are form in the boil. In such a situation, if the sick person molests him, then he becomes a fracas.
- Blood and pus keep coming out of it. In the initial stage, there is less amount of pus and blood in it. Therefore, it only gives stains on the clothes of the patient. Gradually the leakage increases, and the patient starts feeling itching, discomfort and pain.
FAQ Related Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Is it possible to cure piles only with surgery?
The only treatment for piles is surgery, but this is not true. With timely treatment, and better lifestyle, this disease can be cure.
What other diseases are caused by hemorrhoids?
Due to excessive bleeding in piles, there may be loss of blood in the body. The person starts feeling weak. It can also lead to colorectal cancer due to the long duration of the disease, and lack of treatment. Therefore, treat piles as soon as symptoms appear.
Can hemorrhoids recur after surgery?
Surgery is the only solution in modern medical science, and the disease recurs even after surgery. Therefore, home remedies and better lifestyle should be adopt. This greatly reduces the chances of recurrence of piles.
What to do in piles ?
To reduce or prevent the effect of piles, people should take care of some things. Keep a balance on weight, keep drinking water regularly and give importance to foods rich in fiber in the diet. At the same time, experts believe that it is possible to treat piles even by eating aloe vera pulp. According to Ayurveda, apple cider vinegar, figs, lemon, papaya, ripe banana, cumin and celery are also beneficial in preventing this.
What not to do in piles ?
If you do not pay attention to piles, the condition of the patient can become very painful. In such a situation, it is necessary that people should avoid doing certain things. For example, do not sit in one place for a long time, do not lift heavy objects and do not spend too much time in the toilet. Apart from this, it is also important to be careful about the food. Piles patients should avoid food containing more oil and spices. Avoid eating junk food, oil, ghee, rajma and lentils.
What are the best yogasanas to get relief from piles?
Practicing yoga regularly can help reduce the symptoms of piles. These yogasanas can be done daily to get relief from piles:
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Fish Pose
Does hemorrhoids cause pain?
Yes, piles can cause pain. Especially when trying to have a bowel movement. Excessive pressure can cause pain along with bleeding.
Can hemorrhoids cause stomach cramps?
In piles, some patients feel pain or cramping in the stomach. This may be due to constipation.
What should be eaten in piles?
In case of piles, it is advisable to consume fiber rich foods. Some of the fruits, vegetables and grains rich in fiber are as follows:
- Foods made from wheat
- Dried plum
- Green peas
- Sweet potato
What should not be eaten?
If hemorrhoids are cause by chronic constipation, avoid eating foods that have little or no fiber at all. Below we are telling you which foods you should avoid:
- Fast food
- Ice Cream
- Prepackaged foods like frozen foods and snacks
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment