What is Stomach Worms ?
Stomach worms are parasitic worms that can infect the gastrointestinal tract of humans and animals. They include various types of worms such as roundworms, tapeworms, and hookworms. Having worms in the stomach (Intestinal Worms) is a common thing that can happen in people of any age. Like children, it is common to have worms in the stomach of adults, but many people are not aware of it. However, it harms the most to young children and growing age children. Having worms in the stomach is called worm disease.
Stomach worms give rise to many problems. This problem most commonly occurs in children, due to which symptoms like abdominal pain, loss of appetite and weight loss are seen or felt. Due to this, the growth of children stops and all the nutrition of the body starts decreasing gradually. The main reason for having worms in the stomach is the lack of hygiene. Children easily come in contact with the soil while playing. Its symptoms are also very common, keeping in mind that we can get rid of them with home remedies.
Perhaps you do not know that there are 20 types of worms in the stomach, which even cause wounds in the stomach. Worm disease or worm in the stomach occurs only due to contaminated diet and poor lifestyle. People who eat open food or contaminated food are more likely to get worm disease. Not washing hands before taking food, eating dirty and stale food and taking more rest leads to worm disease due to this type of lifestyle.
When the digestive fire is weak, the Kapha dosha becomes unbalanced and because of this, the problem of worms in the stomach arises. These worms are parasites that infect the intestines and these parasites are small and white in color. They infect the colon and rectum. In such a situation, if these insects happening in the stomach are not treated in time, then there may be a problem of urine infection.
Damage Caused by Stomach Worms
- Worms in the stomach can reach from the stomach of the person into the blood and from the blood to any part of the body and can cause harm to the body.
- Some intestinal worms make red blood cells their food, due to which a person can become a victim of anemia.
- Stomach worms eat your food, due to which weight starts decreasing rapidly.
Causes of Stomach Worms
The causes of intestinal worms are different in children and adults. In children, where this problem occurs mainly due to lack of hygiene because they keep putting their hands in the mouth all the time. While, the main reason for the problem of worms in adults is poor digestion.
- Consumption of contaminated food (such as wrong eating habits)
- Eating food with dirty hands,
- Eating food kept in the open,
- Drinking contaminated water
- To eat too much sweets
- Lack of hygiene in the kitchen
- Worms in the stomach occur due to rest and not working hard throughout the day.
- Many children eat soil, play in the soil, in such a situation, they may have worms in their stomach.
- The biggest reason for getting worms in the stomach is dirt, people who do not take care of the cleanliness of their body and clothes, there is more possibility of getting worms in their stomach.
Symptoms of Stomach Worms
If you have pinworms or stomach worms, how do you know if he is suffering from this problem?. There are some symptoms for this, with the help of which you can identify this problem.
- Due to worms in the stomach, there is frequent pain in the stomach.
- The eyes remain red.
- to be irritated
- Burning feeling while urinating.
- The color of the tongue is white and the tongue appears thick.
- There is a bad smell from the mouth all the time.
- Along with this, children whose teeth are ringing while sleeping at night also get worms in their stomach.
- When there are worms in the stomach, saliva drips from the mouth of both children and adults while sleeping.
- Children or elders who get worms in their stomach, the brightness of their face starts decreasing and the color of the skin starts to fade.
- Whiteness on both sides of the lips and dryness on both sides of the lips is also a sign of worms in the stomach.
- When there is a problem of worms in the stomach, then there may be complaints of itching and burning in the outer part of their private part.
Prevention for Stomach Worm
To avoid stomach worms, it is necessary to make changes in lifestyle and diet.
- Wash hands thoroughly before eating.
- Do not eat food prepared in the open.
- Use clean water for drinking. Boil tap water and then cool it and drink it.
- Do not eat contaminated and stale food.
- Do not consume too much sweet and packaged foods.
- Eat well cooked and clean food.
- Eat home cooked food instead of open food.
- Stay away from stale and contaminated food.
- Do not consume raw vegetables and raw meat. Cook food properly and eat it.
- Reduce the intake of sweet and sticky foods.
60 Amazing Home Remedies for Stomach Worms
1) Wrap pieces of raw garlic in dry grapes and take it thrice a day, it destroys stomach worms in four days.
2) Taking half gram powder of carom seeds (for children from 3 to 5 years of age) and mixing equal quantity of jaggery in it, make a tablet and take it thrice a day, all types of stomach worms are destroyed.
Special : Taking the powder of carom seeds with hot water cures indigestion, cough, stomach tension, spleen, phlegm, many diseases of phlegm and air, small and large stomach worms of the stomach and common. Taking the powder of carom seeds with water provides relief in indigestion, anorexia and flatulence. Use carom seeds for two weeks in all the above diseases.
3) After waking up in the morning, take 10 grams of jaggery to children and 25 grams of jaggery to elders and take rest for 10-15 minutes. (This will remove all the whips sticking in the intestines and collect at one place.) Then (half gram for children and 1-2 grams for elders) feed the powder of carom seeds with stale water. It is beneficial for stomach worms.
4) Mixing a pinch of black salt in half a gram powder of carom seeds and taking it with warm water every day at night destroys stomach worms. Elder people should mix 4 parts of carom seeds with 1 part black salt and take 2 grams with warm water. This experiment is also beneficial in stomach worms.
5) Taking half a gram of carom seeds with 60 grams of buttermilk or whey (adults with 2 grams of carom seeds powder with 125 grams of whey) destroys stomach worms and comes out through the stool. Use as needed for 3 days to a week.
6) Cut 2-3 pieces of large red tomato, apply rock salt and black pepper, take it on an empty stomach (around 4 in the evening) once a day continuously for 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks (according to the need). After getting rid of the disease, stomach worms children’s bouncing while sleeping, gnashing of teeth and chewing of teeth, restlessness and troubles go away.
Note : Do not eat or drink anything 2 hours before and 2 hours after eating tomatoes. If it is not possible, then water can be drunk and food can be eaten after 2 hours. Do not use this for children below 3 years of age.
Special : In the morning on an empty stomach or at night after 1 hour after eating a little rock salt on tomatoes, the turbidity and whiteness of the tongue are definitely removed.
7) Make a powder of 4 parts carom seeds and 1 part black salt and take half gram to one and a half grams (according to the stage) with warm water to protect children from worm disease by consuming contaminated water.
8) Taking 1 small glass filled with carrot juice once a day at 4 o’clock in a day continuously for a week ends stomach worms.
9) 125 ml Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in tomato juice and add 5-7 pieces of mint leaves to it and mix rock salt or black pepper according to taste and consume it once a day in the morning or evening, after getting rid of stomach worms, constipation, pimples and acne etc. The darkening of the skin goes away.
Note : Keep off the consumption of heat-effective substances like oil, red pepper, tea, etc. during use.
10) Taking bitter gourd vegetable once in a week and eating it prevents all types of fever, bile disorders, piles, stomach worms, urinary diseases and green-yellow diarrhea in children.
11) Give 2 tablets of wormwood juice thrice a day. Give 4 to 4 spoons of Vidangarishta mixed with equal parts of water twice a day after meals, and taking 2 tablets of Shaskar powder 1 teaspoon at bedtime is a very useful treatment for stomach worms.
12) Taking 1 spoon juice of bitter gourd every day for some time destroys stomach worms soon. Use twice a day in the morning and evening.
13) Taking the juice of fresh tender leaves of neem (Azadirachta indica, margosa) with honey for 5 days continuously cures stomach worms.
14) After roasting half a teaspoon carom seeds on a tawa, make its powder and mix a little jaggery in it and feed it to the sick child. Do this experiment twice a day in the morning and evening for 3 consecutive days. On the fourth day, give laxative to the patient so that the worms come out from the stool. By using this experiment every 15 days continuously for 3 months, the child or the patient becomes free from abdominal worms. The patient suffering from stomach worm should not be given sweet foods for several months after being cured of the disease.
15) Kabila (Kamplik churna) mixed with 5 grams equal part of jaggery and taking it continuously for 2-3 days in the morning and evening kills the worms.
16) Taking a spoonful of papaya milk while sleeping at night will kill stomach worms.
17) Make a powder by grinding equal quantity of dried orange peel and vaividang (Embelia ribes) both. Taking 3 grams this powder with hot water kills stomach worms.
Note : After taking this medicine for the first 2-3 days, giving castor oil to the patient and giving it diarrhea, the dead worms come out from the stool.
18) Taking one and a half to two teaspoons of salt daily before meals does not produce worms in the stomach.
19) Taking the juice of neem (Azadirachta indica, margosa) leaves alone or mixed with honey kills stomach worms.
20) After drinking seven and a half masha (1 Masha is equal to 0.972 Grams) of salt water, the worms of the stomach come out from the stool.
21) Eating copra (dried coconut) of coconut kills stomach worms.
22) Grind the seeds of Nirmali (Strychnos potatorum) in water and apply it around the navel, it kills stomach worms.
23) Taking one and a half tola (1 tola is equal to 180 grains) of betel nut powder with milk or butter destroys stomach worms.
24) Give the powder of the seeds of Hulhul (Cleome viscosa) from 2 to 4 months to adults and 3 to 10 Ratti (1 ratti is equal to 1.8 grains) to children, it removes round worms of the stomach and also ends stomachache and bloating.
25) Taking the powder of lemon seeds kills stomach worms.
26) Taking 2 tola (1 tola is equal to 180 grains) juice of fresh leaves of Champa (Magnolia champaca) kills stomach worms.
27) Taking a decoction of black cumin seeds kills stomach worms.
28) Grind three and a half months of sunflower seeds and take it, it kills stomach worms and also ends stomachache.
29) Make a decoction of mulberry bark and take it, it kills stomach worms.
30) Grind the seeds of Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) and take it, it kills stomach worms.
31) Boil the peels of mulberry and sour pomegranate in the amount of 2 tola (1 tola is equal to 180 grains) and take it, it destroys stomach worms.
32) Stomach worms die by drinking after taking out the juice of Bathua (Chenopodium album).
33) Taking asafetida mixed with the juice of castor leaves kills stomach worms.
34) Take 125 ml each of salt, sugar and bud lime. Soak in water. By drinking this water in the amount of 2 tola (1 tola is equal to 180 grains), stomach worms are destroyed.
35) In the decoction of the seeds of Palash (Butea monosperma), adding powder of 3 masha (1 Masha is equal to 0.972 Grams) carom seeds and taking, it destroys intestinal worms
36) Make a fine paste of carom seeds, mustard seeds, nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), black pepper, vaividang and roasted cumin seeds with 2 tola (1 tola is equal to 180 grains) each and two and a half tola of rock salt. Taking this medicine with whey twice a day in the amount of 4 to 4 grams twice a day ends stomach worms.
37) Make a powder by taking equal quantity each of vaividang, rock salt, nishot, myrobalan, peepal, sochar salt and roasted asafetida. Taking this powder in the amount of 3 mash in the morning and evening (2 times a day) kills stomach worms.
38) Eat 2 tolas of jaggery before waking up in the morning and eat the powder of carom seeds on top, it kills stomach worms.
39) Taking 3 Masha (1 Masha is equal to 0.972 Grams) peeled camellia mixed with curd destroys stomach worms.
40) Make a powder by taking 20 grams each of camellia and Vidanga (Embelia Ribes) in equal quantity. (Half gram for children and 2 grams for adults) by giving the powder in curd or with warm milk will kill stomach worms and come out of the stool. Use only for seven days.
41) Taking 5-7 nos. seeds of papaya with fresh water kills stomach worms in 5 days.
42) Stomach worms of children are destroyed by taking powder of small milk.
43) Taking 10 grams juice of lemon leaves mixed with honey in equal quantity kills stomach worms in 15-20 days.
44) By giving 6 grams coconut oil to children, stomach worms come out from the stool.
45) By eating raw carrots continuously for a week, stomach worms are destroyed.
46) Boil mulberry root in water and drink it, it destroys intestinal worms.
47) Drinking juice of bitter gourd leaves kills intestinal worms.
48) All diseases of the intestines are eradicated by the consumption of lentils.
49) Make a tablet by grinding equal quantity of saffron and cinnamon. Intestinal worms die by consuming it.
50) Grind big myrobalan in water and give it mixed with honeydew. It ends indigestion of children and also kills stomach worms.
51) By giving half spoon of onion juice, stomach worms of children are destroyed and indigestion also ends.
52) Soak the seeds of Dhak (Butea monosperma) in water and remove their skin. Make a powder by drying them and keep it safe. After taking this medicine for three and a half days. After taking castor oil on the fourth day, the long intestinal worms die and come out of the stool.
Note : This powder can also be consumed by mixing it with honey.
53) At bedtime, drink a spoonful of castor oil with warm milk or warm water. This kills the worms of the stomach and comes out of the body through stool.
54) Drink a glass of water mixed with one teaspoon carom seeds and one teaspoon salt, it kills stomach worms.
55) Mix a teaspoon of black salt and a pinch of asafetida in a glass of water and drink it.
56) Grinding neem leaves and mixing them with honey also gives relief from stomach worms.
57) Consumption of coconut oil also ends the problem of worms in the stomach. Include one to two teaspoons of coconut oil in the daily diet.
58) Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric.
59) Consumption of Tulsi leaves or Tulsi extract works as a panacea to kill stomach worms.
60) Take the powder of raw mango kernels with curd or water in the morning and evening. With its regular consumption, the worms of the stomach come out in a few days.
Yoga for Stomach Worms
Practicing ‘Parimottanasana’ under Yogic Kriya i.e. Yoga destroys intestinal worms. The method of this asana is written below:
Sit on the earth and join the legs by spreading them straight in front of you. Keep the heels and toes together. Now raise both the hands together directly above the head. Keep the palms in front and keep the head in the middle of the arms. While exhaling and taking the stomach in, slowly bring both the hands down and hold the left and right toes tightly. With the left and right hands respectively. After that slowly try to touch the forehead with the knees (but do not do so forcefully). This asana is believed to have been proved when the head is hit with the knees without jerking. Remember that the knees should not rise at all.
How do you contract stomach worms?
Stomach worms are typically contracted by consuming contaminated food or water, or through contact with infected soil or surfaces. They can also be transmitted through contact with infected animals.
What are the common types of stomach worms?
Common types include roundworms (nematodes), tapeworms (cestodes), hookworms, and whipworms. Each type has distinct characteristics and may cause different symptoms.
How can stomach worm infections be diagnosed?
A healthcare provider may perform various tests including stool examinations, blood tests, and in some cases, imaging studies.
Are stomach worm infections common in certain regions or populations?
Yes, stomach worm infections are more prevalent in regions with inadequate sanitation and limited access to clean water. They can also be more common in areas where there is close contact with animals.
Can pets transmit stomach worms to humans?
Yes, some types of stomach worms that affect pets can be transmitted to humans. Especially if there is close contact with infected animals. It’s important to practice good hygiene when handling pets.
Is it possible to have a stomach worm infection without experiencing symptoms?
Yes, it is possible to have a stomach worm infection and not experience noticeable symptoms. In some cases, individuals may be carriers of the parasite without showing signs of illness.
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment