What is Chickenpox ?
Chickenpox or Smallpox can happen to both young children or adults. It is often seen that whenever someone has smallpox, the patient becomes very nervous. There are two types of small pox, which are called small pox and big pox. This is a serious disease. It is a viral disease that spreads from person to person. It is caused by infection with a virus called varicella zoster. The disease spreads through the air or through contact with saliva, phlegm and fluid released from the granules of an infected person. The infection can be spread by an infected person until the smallpox rash has dried up. It usually takes about 10-21 days for symptoms to develop after coming into contact with the virus.
Chickenpox causes pimples to emerge in the body. There is pain in these rash, itching is also there. Due to this disease, the patient not only feels weakness, but also has fever. Many people get very upset when they get chickenpox, and do not immediately pay attention to smallpox treatment. The major symptoms of chickenpox include itching, red rash or rash all over the body. Other symptoms include fever, fatigue, loss of appetite and muscle pain. Most people are vaccinated against smallpox. It is a common disease in newborn babies. It also spreads more rapidly in pregnant women and people with weakened immune systems.
Varicella zoster virus is highly contagious to people who have never had chickenpox or who have not been vaccinated against it. But many times people spend more and more money on medicines for its treatment, which gives you benefits but not as much as you should get. Therefore, it is important that whenever there is a disease like smallpox, pay attention on time and get control of the disease by taking home treatment of smallpox immediately. Let us know which home remedies you can do to treat smallpox. Many home remedies are being told here to treat smallpox. With these, you can not only prevent smallpox in the beginning, but can treat smallpox effectively.
Difference Between Big Pox and Smallpox :
The rash comes out in both chickenpox. The main difference between them is that the rash in big pox is large, and the rash of small pox is small. Therefore, whenever you do home remedies for smallpox, find out the identity of the disease first.
- The pus fills in the large smallpox grains. They burst in the middle, and then dry up. Of these, the crust comes off.
- The rash of small pox is small. It does not burst from the middle but dries straight away. Even the crust does not come off of these. Often this disease occurs in children at a young age.
When a patient is infected with the virus, he gets this disease. While doing home remedies for smallpox, you have to be patient till the time of recovery of the disease because the emergence period of smallpox disease is believed to be 14-16 days from the time the virus enters the body. Well it can also be 10-21 days. It usually lasts for 5-10 days.
Symptoms of Chickenpox
The main symptom of chickenpox is a rash that forms blister-like red sores. It gradually spreads all over your skin. These pimples are itchy and sometimes they are painful. If you scratch these pimples your condition gets worse. Chickenpox or Smallpox can have the following symptoms :
- Body pain
- Burning sensation in the rash
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling weak
- Running nose
- Red or pink rash all over the body
- Excessive fatigue
- Genital rash
- Sore throat
- Nausea, or frequent urge to vomit
Causes of Chickenpox
Chickenpox is caused by varicella zoster virus, which spreads very easily in people who have never had smallpox before. If you have had chickenpox in the past, you develop a lifelong immune system against chickenpox. The sticky substance inside the red rash that occurs in chickenpox, Its infection spreads through small droplets released during coughing and sneezing of an infected person.
Chickenpox can spread to you from these places :
- From contaminated surfaces
- Contaminated items, such as toys or bedding
- Touching a smallpox blister or ringworm rash
- Face-to-face contact with an infected person, such as a conversation
- Staying in the same room with an infected person for 15 minutes or more
If someone has chickenpox, he can spread the infection from a day or two before the red rash appears in his body until all the grains dry up. The virus of this disease shows effect in the small blood vessels of the skin, mouth and throat. Two types of viruses are considered responsible for this :
1) Virola Major :
If we talk about Major ‘Virola Major’, then its virus is more dangerous or lethal than Minor. This has a higher chance of causing death. Due to this, there are problems like spots on the face, blindness. That is why it is important to identify smallpox on time and get it treated.
2) Virola Minor :
Of these, the ‘Virola Minor’ virus is less dangerous. Very few deaths occur because of this. The disease is highly contagious, and spreads very quickly. Before the invention of its vaccine, the disease spread like an epidemic, and caused many deaths.
Stages of Chickenpox
By the way, it usually has three steps :
During the first stage :
During the first stage, you may see small red or pink rash on the body. Which is very itchy. These rashes appear all over the body.
During the second stage :
In the second stage, the rash turns into blisters. It is filled with a kind of liquid.
During the third stage :
At the end of the third wave, a crust forms on the wound and the wound gradually dries up. Until the wounds in your body are completely healed and disappear, then there should not be itching at that place.
Vaccination for Chickenpox
At present this disease is rarely seen. Nowadays, smallpox vaccines are given by the government to the baby at the age of 3-6 months. It has been possible to control smallpox to a great extent with the medicine given by the health department.
Precautions in Chickenpox
- Rub or pat the skin instead of scratching it.
- Wear loose, smooth cotton clothes.
- bathe in cool or lukewarm water.
- Smallpox patients should not consume a diet rich in ghee and oil.
- If small children have smallpox, tie a cloth around their hands so that they do not scratch their body.
- The patient’s bed, clothes, towels, etc., should be all clean, and separate.
- Wash the patient’s clothes and towels daily with neem water, or water mixed with Dettol.
- If you have chicken pox, avoid going out and going to crowded places, if possible, stay away from people during this time.
- Aspirin should never be given to a patient of chickenpox. This may worsen his condition. And in case of fever in chickenpox, do not give any medicine without medical advice.
Home Remedies for Chickenpox
There are many ways you can help yourself to reduce and help treat the problem associated with chickenpox. The itching, pain and discomfort associated with chickenpox can be reduce with the help of several home remedies. Home remedies for smallpox can be as follows.
1) Carrot and coriander leaves are both cool. Their combination is a good anti-oxidant. Boil one cup carrot pieces, and one and a half (1.5) cups chopped coriander leaves in 2.5 (2.5) cups water. Drink it when it is half left. Use this once a day for a month.
2) Grind neem leaves with water and apply it on the affected area. Boil neem leaves in water, and use this water in bath. This makes chickenpox less likely to spread, and reduces pain.
3) Grind 2-3 black pepper in 1 teaspoon onion juice and drink it 2-3 times a day for a few days. Younger and elder mother gets cure by its consumption.
4) There is a lot of itching in the body at the time of smallpox. To avoid this, mix oat flour in water and boil it for about 15 minutes. Put this water in the bath tub and give the baby a bath. This gives relief from itching.
15) Vinegar can be very beneficial in patients suffering from smallpox. To use it, mix two to three teaspoons of vinegar in your bath water. Taking a bath with this can give you relief from the coming symptoms. It should be use regularly during smallpox.
6) Cook green peas in water, and apply this water in the body. Due to this, the red rash that occurs in smallpox ends.
7) Vitamin E capsules are a panacea to cure chickenpox. Apply the oil present inside it on the marks of chicken pox. Vitamin-E oil hydrates the skin. It works to cure rashes from the skin. You can use Vitamin-E capsules to treat chicken pox.
8) Baking soda has antibacterial properties, which helps in healing the wound by healing the infection. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in water. Soak a clean cloth in it and apply it on the affected area, and let it dry.
9) Honey has antibiotic properties, which are helpful in eradicating any infection present in the body. Apply pure honey on the affected area. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
10) You can also consume herbal tea made from medicinal herbs like chamomile, basil, marigold and lemon balm. Mix 1 teaspoon of any one of these herbs in a cup of boiling water. Let it boil for a few minutes and then filter it. Add a little cinnamon, honey and lemon juice to it and enjoy the tea after that. For better results, drink herbal tea 2-3 times a day.
11) Lavender oil is very effective in getting rid of the scars cause by chicken pox. Mix lavender oil with almond oil or coconut oil and apply it on the affected areas. Repeat this recipe twice a day, so that you can get better results. Alternatively, add a few drops of lavender and chamomile oils to warm water and bathe in this water for about 10 minutes.
12) Oatmeal bath is a successful home remedy for itching due to chickenpox. Grind two cups of oatmeal into a powder form. Put the oatmeal powder in two liters of lukewarm water. Let the oatmeal powder soak in the bath water for 15 to 20 minutes. Now take a bath with this water. Finely ground oats when mixed with water helps in drying out the pimples on the skin.
13) You can add ground carom seeds to your bath water to get relief from smallpox. It can help relieve itching.
14) Marigold flower is a very good remedy because the antiseptic properties found in it gives relief to your rashes. Soak marigold flowers and witch hazel leaves in water overnight and then make a paste and apply on the rashes. By doing this, you will get benefit in chicken pox because marigold flower has moisturizing and witch hazel has antiseptic properties.
15) Aloe vera is a natural remedy. The properties found in aloe vera gel help in cooling and relaxing the skin infected with chicken pox. The anti-inflammatory properties present in it moisturize the skin and reduce itching. After removing the gel from the aloevera leaf, apply this fresh gel on the rash area. By doing this you will get relief from itching in chicken pox.
16) Giving coconut water to smallpox patients can provide quick relief from their symptoms. Coconut is helpful in getting relief in home treatment of smallpox.
17) To reduce chickenpox rash, you can soak the gram overnight. Place the soaked gram on the smallpox area. The soaked gram absorbs its infection inside itself.
18) It is very effective in home treatment of smallpox. For this, make a powder by mixing turmeric, sugar, and basil. Use it regularly everyday. This may improve your symptoms.
19) The skin gets relief from sandalwood and the marks of chickenpox are remove. You can make sandalwood paste by mixing a few drops of water in sandalwood wood or you can also use sandalwood powder mixed with water. You leave that paste on the spots and wash it after half an hour, this will remove the marks as well as reduce your skin infection, itching problem and redness.
20) You can use lemon juice to remove chickenpox stains. Lemon juice cleans the skin and lightens the spots. You extract the juice of fresh lemon and apply it on the stain and then wash the skin after 15 to 20 minutes. If some people are allergic to lemon juice, then those people can mix coconut oil and apply lemon juice.
Note : Before consuming anything or taking any home remedy, please consult your doctor or specialist.
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment