What is Hangover ?
After drinking alcohol, its fever lasts for a long time in some people. That is, the state of intoxication persists. Every person who drinks alcohol feels intoxicated, but most of the people control this addiction. In some people, when the intoxication does not subside quickly, then this condition is called hangover. In a hangover, the person is not able to have complete control over himself and the power of thinking becomes loose in him. Even if he has control over himself, he cannot think completely. It can last till the day after drinking alcohol. In this it will seem that the intoxication has subsided, but alcohol is not completely digested.
People who drink excessively often suffer from the problem of hangover. Due to hangover, both the mind and body of people are not able to work properly. What to eat or drink to get over a hangover. People are troubled by hangover due to lack of proper information, and their life also gets disturbed due to hangover. If you are also troubled by this problem, then today this topic is very useful and panacea for you. Here we will tell you, how to cure hangover fast ?
Symptoms of Hangover
Hangover symptoms vary from person to person. It also depends on the amount of alcohol. Well these are the common symptoms:
- Rapid breathing
- Twitching of limbs or shiver
- Memory loss
- Chills fever
- Red eyes
- Muscle pain
- Excessive thirst
- Increased blood pressure
- Rapid heart rate
Causes of Hangover
The following are the causes of hangover :
1) Consumption of alcohol without water :
Drinking alcohol causes frequent urination. Due to this there is a lack of fluid in the body. This depletes electrolytes from your body. It also causes hangover.
2) Consumption of alcohol on empty stomach :
When alcohol is consumed on an empty stomach, the absorption of alcohol occurs at a faster rate. That’s why it becomes more intoxicating. Due to this a situation of hangover arises. Therefore, one should always drink alcohol only after eating some light food.
Stages of Hangover
Hangover is not the same, but hangover symptoms change according to the amount of alcohol, which can be :
First Stage of Hangover :
- Wisdom, Speed in memory, Love, Happiness generation
- food intake, sleep enhancement
- The power of reading, singing and giving speech increases.
- Laughter a lot.
Second Stage of Hangover :
- In this state, the conscience of the person gradually starts getting destroyed.
- Intellect, memory, speech, bodily functions are disturbed.
- The person acts like a lunatic.
- Laziness comes, and one feels sleepy.
- The radiance of the body becomes weak.
- Sometimes he talks right, sometimes inappropriate and sometimes meaningless.
Third Stage of Hangover :
- The alcoholic has no control over himself. He talks nonsense.
- He does not respect elders or teachers.
- One who should not eat, he also eats.
- Consciousness ends.
- Under the influence of alcohol, he also reveals his secret secrets.
- Becomes capable of doing evil and inappropriate deeds.
Fourth Stage of Hangover :
- A person falls to the ground like a broken wood.
- The patient has no knowledge of duty or non-duty.
- He becomes worse than the dead, that is, he is like a dead man even when he is alive.
- He does not get the happiness for which he drinks alcohol.
- What is happiness, what is sorrow, it is not known.
- What is beneficial to him in the world, and what is harmful. This too does not remain knowledge.
Prevention Tips for Hangover
- Fast to avoid hangover.
- Take cold air to avoid hangover.
- Wear gems (rhinestones etc.) to avoid hangover.
- Listen to music to avoid hangover.
- To avoid hangover, take bath with cold water.
- Take a spoonful of olive oil before drinking alcohol. By doing this hangover can be avoided.
- Eat rice, barley, moong (Mung beans or green gram), urad (Black gram), wheat, marmalade, sugar, old ghee. This makes it easier to get relief from a hangover.
Home Remedies for Hangover
We can understand how troublesome hangover can be for you after a long weekend. Party and fun do not know, sometimes the drinks go beyond your capacity. You have to bear the brunt of it in the form of hangover the next day. That’s why we are sharing with you some home remedies that can help you. You can get rid of hangover at home with these remedies. Let us know about these remedies.
1) If you have a hangover, you should get enough sleep. Apples and bananas should be eaten.
2) After consuming too much alcohol, the sugar level in the body worsens. To keep it right, drink lemon juice mixed with 1 glass of cold water. You can put some sugar in it. This makes it easier to get rid of hangovers.
3) Take 3-4 leaves of mint. Put it in hot water and drink it. Its intake removes the air located in the stomach, and the intestines get rest. Consuming mint is a simple way to get rid of a hangover.
4) Take fresh tomato juice. It is high in fructose, which aids in the digestion of alcohol. The bioactive and mineral elements present in it reduce the symptoms of hangover.
5) More and more water should be drunk. Try drinking coconut water. This can reduce hangover.
6) Ginger and black salt should be taken to get relief from the anorexia, nausea and vomiting caused by drinking alcohol and having a hangover.
7) Honey should be consumed. Honey neutralizes the harmful effects of alcohol and hangovers. Due to the presence of fructose in honey, alcohol is metabolized. Honey also helps in the digestion of alcohol.
8) Sweetened juices can be taken along with drinking. Take care not to take sweet things before and after drinking, as this makes the digestion of alcohol faster, and increases the chances of getting a hangover.
9) Take a spoonful of olive oil before drinking alcohol, and eat heavy food. Hangover can be avoid by this.
10) Curd is very beneficial in getting rid of alcohol intoxication. It is better than any other home remedy, but eat it sparingly, do not use sugar. Also, it transmits good bacteria in the body. Often, because of drinking alcohol, harmful bacteria in the body start playing with gut health.
11) You will be surprise to hear that banana can also help you to get rid of hangover. Bananas are rich in potassium and carbohydrates, which transmit probiotic properties to the body and remove water loss. By drinking alcohol, the body loses many nutrients, so eating bananas maintains this balance.
12) You can consume orange juice to get rid of it. Vitamin C present in it gives relief from vomiting and nausea.
13) Coffee recipe is also popular to relieve hangover. A cup of strong coffee can make your hangover disappear. Instead of drinking coffee all at once, drink half a cup of coffee in short intervals. It removes lethargy and gives relief from headache.
14) Drink ginger tea to get rid of alcohol intoxication. This will give relief from headache. It will help in digestion of alcohol by giving relief from stomach cramps.
15) The intoxication of alcohol goes away by eating cucumber. Giving cucumber juice to an unconscious person who is intoxicated with alcohol gets rid of intoxication. Grinding sugar candy and mixing it with ghee, licking it ends the intoxication of alcohol.
16) Drinking 6 grams of alum mixed with water ends the intoxication of alcohol. Or take one spoon ground alum mixed with 250 grams of milk and drink it, it ends the intoxication of alcohol.
17) Eating eggs is a great way to fight a hangover. They contain an amino acid called cysteine, which will give you relief. Apart from this, you can also take cereals in food.
18) Take a hot water bath in the morning to come out of hangover. This will cause sweating while taking a bath, due to which the alcohol store in the body gets removed. If you are not in a position to take a bath, you can also take steam. Apart from this, you can wipe the body by soaking a towel in warm water.
19) Soup made from vegetables can help you get rid of alcohol addiction. This is a delicious and healthy recipe. While the vegetables will nourish you, the soup will keep you hydrated and start your day well.
20) One should always stay away from food containing more spices and oil. But it can help you to get rid of it. Eating more spicy and oily food makes it easier to digest alcohol. This is a very effective recipe, you just need to take a little care of your digestion.
Should a diabetic patient not consume alcohol ?
When a person with diabetes drinks alcohol in excess, and suffers from a hangover, there is a negative effect on the blood sugar level. Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol reduces the effectiveness of insulin, which increases blood sugar levels. Due to this headache and fatigue persist.
Is it harmful to drink alcohol in times of fear, grief, anger ?
Alcohol is a depressant, which means it slows down brain and central nervous system processes. The hangover caused by excessive alcohol consumption affects neurotransmitters. It is essential for mental health.
What should be done to relieve stress ?
Man consumes alcohol to remove his sorrows, but the truth is that alcohol does not remove sorrow, but definitely creates mental stress and anxiety. Due to hangover, one becomes physically unwell, and it also generates physical tension, mental stress. It also creates tension among other family members. If you want to avoid a it, avoid drinking alcohol. For this, stress has to be remove from life. To relieve stress, wake up in the morning and drink 4-5 glasses of water. After that do yoga. Yoga provides relief in both physical and mental stress.
Does drinking alcohol in the summer season cause harm ?
In the summer season, sweating comes out more, due to which the elements of the body also come out. Alcohol increases the amount of urine. It reduces water and salt in the body, due to which the hangover in the body increases further.
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment