What is Dizziness ?
Dizziness is a sensation of lightheadedness, unsteadiness, or a feeling of spinning or vertigo, often accompanied by a loss of balance and potential nausea. Dizziness (Vertigo) is not a disease. Rather it is mainly a sign of physical weakness. The problem of dizziness (nervousness) often arises due to headache. This makes you feel nervous, your balance starts to deteriorate and the objects around you appear to be spinning. Vertigo is the name given to excessive dizziness. This creates an imbalance in the body.
There can be many reasons for the dizziness, such as being hungry for a long time, weakness or any other reason due to which you suddenly fall unconscious. By the way, sometimes, after sitting for a long time, even after getting up suddenly, dizziness comes, in which you feel as if the whole earth is moving round and round. The biggest reason behind this is the lack of proper blood circulation in the brain. Sudden and frequent dizziness should not be ignored.
Although dizziness can also be a sign of many diseases. For example, anemia, low BP, weak heart, brain tumor and too much stress. Usually, during the problem of dizziness, the person also has problems like nervousness, nausea, continuous hearing sound like whistling in the ears. During this, some people may lose hearing for a few moments or there may be a feeling of heaviness in the ears. This problem of dizziness is called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which is called BPPV for short. This problem is more common in adults and older people.
If you feel extremely dizzy, you should consult your doctor immediately. Apart from this, if someone faints due to dizziness, then this problem is considered to be even more serious. Usually the problem of dizziness gets better after the weakness goes away. But if you are experiencing dizziness due to side effect of any medicine, any problem in brain or any other disease, then its solution is possible only by medical treatment.
Cause of Dizziness
- Depression or stress
- Having a migraine
- Food with high oil content
- Weakening of immunity in the body
- Vitamin B deficiency in the body
- Remain weak
- Certain allergies
- Ear infections or labyrinthitis or Meniere’s problems
- A drop in blood sugar that is harmful for people with diabetes
- Lack of water or dehydration in the body
- Weakness due to heat
- Decreased blood flow to the brain (Brain problems)
- Excessive drinking
- Side effects of some medicines
- Uncontrolled heartbeat
- Spread of poison due to carbon monoxide
Symptoms of Dizziness
- Head spin
- Lean to one side
- Feeling unsteady or unbalanced
- Feeling of falling
Prevention for Dizziness
If you are troubled by headache, dizziness, then there is a need to change your lifestyle.
- Get proper sleep.
- Don’t let stress overwhelm you. Along with this, keep giving rest to your body from time to time.
- Do not eat too much fast food, instead include nutrients in your diet, eat immunity-strengthening foods.
- If the amount of water in the body is less, then there can be dizziness. Therefore, drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Consume such fruits which keep your body hydrated.
- Exercise and walk daily to avoid headache.
- Take a deep breath when you feel dizzy.
- Lie down immediately if you feel dizzy.
- When feeling dizzy, lie down and concentrate on stationary things. This will keep your mind busy.
- Massage the whole body once a week.
- Do yoga and meditation.
- Do not eat coffee, alcohol or tobacco in this situation.
Types of Dizziness
According to research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), there are four types of dizziness.
1) Vertigo :
The head starts twitching and it seems that things are moving around. Vomiting and dizziness are common in a person suffering from this problem.
2) Lightheadedness :
In lightheadedness, there may be a tingling feeling inside the head. Sometimes a person may feel that their head is not aligned with their body.
3) Disequilibrium :
There is a problem in balancing the body in this. Some people suffering from this may feel problems in the feet, while some people may feel dizzy.
4) Presyncope :
In this situation the person feels that he will faint, but this does not happen. When the person attempts to sit or lie down, some relief may be felt.
Home Remedies for Dizziness (Nervousness/ Head Spin)
1) Take 6-6 grams dry gooseberry and dry granulated coriander, half crushed and soak it in 250 grams of water in an earthen pot at night. After mashing and filtering in the morning, adding 1-2 spoons of sugar candy powder to it, taking it, it stops spinning and dizziness in just 3-4 days. Apart from this, by doing this experiment, the headache due to heat ends and there is relief in the pain of sudden darkness in the eyes due to heat or mental weakness. This experiment is also beneficial in the pain of migraine. Continue the use for 8-10 days as needed.
2) Almond kernel, fennel (large) cleanly cleaned and Kuja mishri (Rock Sugar). Make a fine powder by grinding each in equal quantity and keep it in a glass vessel. Consuming 10 grams of this with 250 grams of milk every day at bedtime for 40 days, the vision becomes so sharp that there is no need to wear glasses. Apart from this, by this use, the problems of brain weakness, heat of the mind, brain numbness and memory powerlessness (the habit of forgetting things) etc. are also removed. Give half quantity to children. Do not drink water for 2 hours after taking the medicine to get the full benefits.
3) Taking dry granulated coriander, separate its peel by coarsely crushing it and taking out the kernel inside the seeds (taking 300 grams of coriander kernel). Out of 450 grams coriander, 300 grams of coriander leaves come out and take equal quantity of rock sugar or sugar, grind them separately and mix them together and keep it safe. Take 6-6 grams of this powder with stale water twice a day in the morning and evening. In the morning, without eating or drinking anything, take the medicine with stale water at night on an empty stomach and after that do not eat or drink anything for 1-2 hours. Similarly, take it around 4 o’clock in the evening with the water kept in the morning. Have dinner after 2 hours of this. This use is unique in relieving bladder irritation (burning in the urine).
For this, continue the use continuously for 3 days to 21 days as needed. Apart from this, this experiment is also perfect in removing the stimulation of semen. In the disease of severe to severe nightmares, its quantity is obtained by taking 1-2 doses only. In this disease, this experiment should be done from 3 days to 7 days. If defecation is in the form of loose stools, then the evening (second dose) should be taken half an hour before sleeping at night instead of 4 o’clock, but if there is a complaint of constipation or the complaint of constipation is more. If so, take the second quantity only at 4 o’clock in the evening and take 4-5 grams to 15 grams of Isabgol’s (Psyllium husk) husk (peeled) with fresh water as per requirement while sleeping at night.
By this use, bowel movement will be done without any problem. (Use isabgol (Psyllium husk) in small quantity in the first night. If it does not seem to be beneficial, then increase its quantity on the second night. Increase the quantity gradually till the defecation starts clearing. The quantity of isabgol is 4-5 by us. This is the meaning of writing from gram to 15 grams. Psyllium husk is a harmless anti-congestive drug, besides thickening the thin semen, and the above-mentioned special help in removing the sleeplessness and stimulation of the bladder. If it is destroyed, there it is also very beneficial in disorders resulting from gonorrhea, sleep disorders or sexual disorders (such as blindness, blurred vision, headache, dizziness, insomnia etc. This use gives strength to the heart-mind.
4) If pregnant woman is given 60 grams juice of fresh grapes twice a day regularly, then the fetus is born healthy, strong and beautiful. Apart from this, the mother (pregnant) does not suffer from fainting, dizziness, toothache, cramps, bloating, bloating and constipation etc.
5) Mixing and grinding 5 pieces of black pepper in 20 grams of butter and sugar candy, licking it, destroys the weakness and dryness of the brain and the headache due to dryness also goes away.
6) Taking 5 to 10 drops of Malkangani oil (Celastrus Paniculatus Willd) mixed with cream or butter removes the weakness of the brain.
7) Increase the seeds of Malkangani (Celastrus Paniculatus) on the first day 1 (2 on the second day) to 21 seeds for 21 days, then bring them to the seed by reducing the number of seeds in the same way. Swallow the seeds and drink milk from above. This removes the weakness of the mind.
8) Dried coriander (Coriander Seeds) is an age-old method of relieving nervousness, relieving dizziness and treating nausea. For this, soak one spoon dry coriander and dry gooseberry in water overnight. Strain this water in the morning and consume this water. If possible, chew gooseberry and coriander with jaggery and eat it.
9) In case of head spinning or Dizziness, you can eat a small piece of ginger by keeping it in the mouth and sucking it like a toffee. If you find it difficult to eat ginger in this way, then you can consume ginger tea regularly. Ginger will work to increase blood flow in your body. This will help to balance your brain while relaxing it. Also, it will give benefit in removing the problem of nausea and nervousness.
10) In case of dizziness, make a tea of mint leaves and consume it. To make tea from mint leaves, put 6 to 7 leaves of dried mint or green mint in water and keep it to cook on low flame. Then after 10 to 15 minutes filter this water and consume it like tea. You will benefit from its regular consumption.
11) Take 1 green cardamom, 1 clove, 1 black pepper, 4 basil leaves and two pinches of tea leaves and cook on low flame in a cup of water. Keep the pot covered during this time. After cooking for about 10 minutes, add sugar according to your taste and squeeze 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice. Your herbal tea is ready. Drink this tea twice a day. You will get benefit.
12) Mix 2 teaspoons of honey and raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm or cold water. Drink it 2 times a day. Apart from this, you can also drink 1 tablespoon honey and lemon juice mixed in a glass of warm water, which will give you instant relief from dizziness. Another way can also be that you can mix 1 teaspoon of honey and ground cinnamon and take it every morning for a few weeks.
13) If you feel dizzy, chew some fresh feverfew leaves and eat them. You can boil 1 teaspoon dried feverfew and mint leaves in water for 15-20 minutes, then filter it. Drink this regularly for a few weeks. Apart from this, you can also take feverfew supplements after consulting a doctor.
14) Grind the melon seeds and roast them in ghee. Now take a small amount of it in the morning and evening, it is very beneficial in the problem of dizziness.
15) On dizziness, put two cloves in half a glass of water and boil it and then drink that water. Drinking this water gives benefits.
16) Grind a few basil leaves and extract about half a teaspoon of the extract. Consuming this extract can be beneficial in case of dizziness.
17) Soak 4-5 almonds in water overnight. Take off their peels in the morning and grind them finely. Then you can consume them by mixing them with milk (after the milk is boiled and cooled).
18) Take 2-3 drops of mustard oil. Make a paste of gooseberry pulp and mix mustard oil in it. Now lightly apply it on the scalp. After about 30 minutes wash the head with shampoo.
19) After roasting dry grapes in ghee and adding rock salt to it, eating it ends the problem of dizziness. With this, people who get dizzy. They should drink fruit juice 2 hours before lunch and in the evening snack. Dizziness will stop by drinking juice daily. But do not add sweet spices or any other thing to the juice. Drink plain juice. Along with this, the consumption of tea and coffee should be reduced.
20) Mix 10 grams of coriander powder, 10 grams of gooseberry powder, soak both in a glass of water and keep it at night and after waking up in the morning, mix it well and drink it. This will stop the problem of dizziness.
Try adopting any one of these recipes or methods for just 6 to 7 days. If you do not feel relief, you should see a doctor immediately. Because in this situation, the reason for your dizziness can be some serious disease. Or there may be too much deficiency of nutrients in your body.
Diet for Dizziness
Consuming healthy food reduces the chances of dizziness. This reduces the problem of anemia, low blood pressure and low blood sugar, etc., due to which there is no dizziness. You get the benefit by including food rich in iron, vitamin A, folic acid and fiber in your diet. Apart from this, choose such substances in which the amount of sugar and fat is less.
- It is beneficial to consume iron-rich tofu, spinach, liver, almonds, dates, lentils and asparagus. You can also take iron supplements after consulting your doctor.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C such as oranges, lemons, capsicum, broccoli, grapefruit and spinach. You can also take vitamin C supplements after consulting a doctor.
- Also take foods rich in folic acid. These include green leafy vegetables, liver, sprouted grains, peanuts, bananas and broccoli.
- Avoid iron-blocking drinks such as coffee, beer, and wine.
- Keep eating something or the other at short intervals and do not skip any diet, especially breakfast.
Can dizziness go away on its own ?
Dizziness in itself is a symptom of various diseases or unusual health conditions. It usually resolves spontaneously within a certain period of time. This occurs in most cases where there is a mild or moderate degree of dizziness. However, in severe cases, it requires medical care and attention along with proper treatment plans under the supervision of a consultant.
Is dizziness a sign of a stroke ?
Stroke is a condition associated with a lack of blood supply to the brain or a part of it. Dizziness is one of the most common symptoms of stroke that is related to fainting or sudden falls for no apparent reason. Other symptoms of a stroke may include numbness in an arm or leg, sudden weakness, loss of balance, nausea, fever, chills, vomiting, slurred speech, or headache.
Can high BP cause dizziness ?
People with hypertension may be asymptomatic in most cases. When it is left untreated or in case of delay in treatment, it increases the risk of some serious health conditions such as stroke and heart attack. With a stroke, blood flow to the brain or a part of it is reduced, resulting in dizziness or fainting. Thus, hypertension itself does not cause dizziness, but is indirectly responsible for it.
How long can dizziness last ?
Dizziness is not a disease but a symptom of many diseases. It is accompanied by a tingling sensation or feeling of light-headedness or fainting that is short-lived. The duration of dizziness can vary from person to person with different health conditions. However, it can last for a few seconds or a few minutes in most cases, while in some cases it can last longer.
What are the guidelines after treatment for dizziness ?
There are several lifestyle changes you can make to avoid vertigo causing trouble in your daily life. There are a few things to keep in mind after the treatment. Get plenty of rest, keep yourself hydrated at all times and eat regular meals. If you feel dizzy again, lie down immediately. Make your home safe to deal with chronic dizziness. This is done by placing a cane, walker, tub mat and banister which can help the patient avoid injury. An anxious person who is suffering from vertigo may be help by some reassurance.
Can dizziness be caused by low iron levels ?
Iron deficiency in the body can definitely cause dizziness. Hemoglobin is a blood protein that is responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body as well as in the brain. Iron helps in the formation as well as production of hemoglobin. Thus, low levels of iron in our body can lower hemoglobin levels, which in turn can lead to anemia. This reduces the supply of oxygen to brain cells, resulting in dizziness or light-headedness.
Recommended Articles :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment