What is Vitiligo (White Spots) ?
Vitiligo is a skin condition characterized by the loss of skin pigmentation, resulting in white patches on the skin’s surface. It occurs when melanocytes, the cells responsible for producing pigment, are destroyed, leading to the depigmentation of affected areas. All of a sudden, the white marks start coming out and spreading completely at different places in the body. If proper treatment is not done in the beginning, then this disease converts all the skin of the body into white marks. This is a very bad disease and it becomes difficult to control when it takes root. Its treatment is not simple, but it is long term.
Causes of Vitiligo Disease
- Normally, when there is a lack of melanin in the body, the skin starts turning white.
- Perpetually constipated, dysentery, hoarseness, weak heart, and white spots appear when the stomach is bad.
- This disease occurs even if there is a heavy burden on the brain.
- It can be more for non-vegetarians.
Treatment of Vitiligo Disease
This disease is very complicated and vicious in nature, but it is doable. By keeping complete control in eating and drinking regularly, by using medicines on the marks, the white marks gradually disappear. Vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda as follow :
1) Food and Beverage To Control :
- It is absolutely necessary to abandon all kinds of salt in the consumption of food, vegetables, pulses and fruits etc., only then the use of medicines will be meaningful and effective. It is very important to use salt or to give up salt-mixed substances and liquids.
- Use banana (green), bitter gourd, gourd, luffa, beans, soybean, spinach, fenugreek, amaranth, tomato, carrot, parwal, radish, turnip, beet etc. without salt,
- Use only gram lentils without salt in pulses,
- Drink carrot, spinach, seasonal, bitter gourd juice mostly without salt. Drinking Bathua (goosefoot) juice daily is also beneficial.
- Eat chana roti (Split chickpeas) (salt-free) with butter
- Use roasted, boiled gram without salt.
2) Ayurvedic Medicine For Vitiligo :
- Dry pomegranate leaves in the shade and grind them finely and take 10 grams in the morning and 10 grams daily at bedtime with fresh water or milk.
- After soaking the seeds of Bavchi, drink its water regularly in the morning and night and rub the seeds and apply it on the scars.
- Use Manikya Bhasma with half-ratti regularly in the morning and evening with honey.
- Two tablets of pigment are to be consumed in the morning, afternoon and evening.
3) Remedy For Applying on White Spot (Vitiligo) :
- Grind the soaked seeds of two tola (1 tola is equal to 180 grains) Bavchi and use it twice a day in the morning and evening.
- Heat a glass of Bathua (goosefoot) juice and half a glass of Til oil (Sesame) in a pan and keep the oil in the vial after burning Bathueka juice and apply it on the scars daily in the morning and evening.
- Apply Bavchi’s (Psoralea corylifolia) oil paint on white spots in the morning and evening.
- Grind urad dal (Black gram) in water or grind myrobalan in garlic juice and apply it on white spots in the morning and evening.
- Mix 150 grams of turmeric, 600 grams of spirit and apply it on the marks thrice a day by keeping it in the sun.
- After uprooting the Tulsi plant along with the root, clean it with water, grind it finely and mix it in half a kilo of sesame oil and put it in a pan and heat it on a slow fire. When cooked, then filter it and keep it in a vessel and apply it on the spots thrice a day.
- After uprooting the unruly plant, apply the milk paste regularly twice a day. Grind pomegranate and neem leaves and apply it on the spots in the morning and evening.
Diet for Vitiligo
The use of sugar, jaggery, milk, curd, pickle, oil, dalda, whey, raita, avaleh, baking etc. is also prohibited in special food.
Also Read :
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) | Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Hyperthyroidism | Symptoms, Causes & Home Remedies
- Gallstones | Symptoms, Causes, Prevention & Home Remedies
- Fatty Liver | Symptoms, Causes, Types & Home Remedies
- Thyroid Disease | Symptoms, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Treatment